BMS disconnecting LiFePO4 charger at 14.0 volts

That's odd. What happens if you disconnect the one supplying current? Does the other jump in?
If I disconnect one manually the other will take over. For some reason I am not able to use the BMS discharge switch on either battery. I decided to take each battery individually down to 20% SOC, recharge each individually, then pair them again for a couple days until I hook them up to the camper and try it again.

OK, that is very strange. Mind you, I have no way of knowing (I think!) what my BB batteries are doing... one at a time or acting in parallel. Have you seen anything online that indicates this is "normal"?

I have not seen anything online about this.

When the 2 are wired in parallel, one BMS is disconnecting from the system. It is essential working as 2 batteries connected with a switch.

I have been in email contact with Li Time, I think. However, it sounds like a chatbot that is responding to my emails as the replies appear as canned responses triggered by key words and never directly address the issue.

I also called the number in China but only got a recording and no answer.

Very frustrating.

Maybe I missed it in the discussion, but I assume positive lead is on battery 1 and negative is on battery 2?
Not to be confused with a serial connection but to keep lead resistance equal for the two batteries.

Paul

Maybe I missed it in the discussion, but I assume positive lead is on battery 1 and negative is on battery 2?
Not to be confused with a serial connection but to keep lead resistance equal for the two batteries.

Paul

Correct, positive batt 1, negative batt 2, wired parallel.

IMG_7678.jpeg

Since this is a new issue and off topic of my original post, I also posted the issue in a new thread to see if anyone else has the same experience.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom