Bodie in winter.

Ted

Magellan
Site Team
This photo is on Mono County Tourism's Facebook page. Pretty impressive.
gallery_176_163_20568.jpg

Wind blowing, snow drifting, stamp mills pounding 24/7....what a place it must have been.

I would spend the winter in a crib with Ruby!

I guess so guys, it's nice but Ted, after all these weeks of cold, snow and more cold, snow ,wind, ice---did I say ice :p, and now rain and flooding and mud; maybe you could find a nice picture of someone in a beach chair, sitting on a nice beach in shorts and flip-flops, shipping a nice cold beer! I'm sorry to much winter me thinks has destroyed my view of things cold-even if they are beatiful :D !

Smoke

Ted, thanks so much for posting this. The Lady and I have friends, an outdoor couple, now married for many years with kids out on their own. They started off their careers as National Park Service Rangers. One of their assignments was Yosemite at Wawona. One of the incidents they were involved in is chronicled in the book, Off the Wall: Death in Yosemite. They moved on to California State Parks and worked in several of the famous parks on the coast. The woman's dream job she always wanted was Bodie. She is a tough person, I really like her. Her husband flat said No. No way were they living year round at Bodie.

I always tell her, with a big smile of course, "I would have went to Bodie with you!"

I just sent them the photo. Thanks Ted.

Smokecreek1 said:
I guess so guys, it's nice but Ted, after all these weeks of cold, snow and more cold, snow ,wind, ice---did I say ice :p, and now rain and flooding and mud; maybe you could find a nice picture of someone in a beach chair, sitting on a nice beach in shorts and flip-flops, shipping a nice cold beer! I'm sorry to much winter me thinks has destroyed my view of things cold-even if they are beatiful :D !

Smoke
Hear's the best I can do Smoke.
Bananas Beach resort area in Panama.
Can you feel the heat?
Frank
DSCN3986_2.jpg

ski3pin said:
I just sent them the photo. Thanks Ted.
....................and the reply -

[SIZE=10.5pt]"It looks Donner Party-esque, doesn't it?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]So maybe this isn't the year to want to be the Bodie ranger. . . [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Thanks for sharing!"[/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom