Bone Head Move

One of our esteemed WTW members went in and talked to Marty today and found out there's a good reason ATC won't replace the side liners in newer FWC's. It seems in '05 FWC started using a new kind of sealant between the trim, liner and wall. Removing the liner usually destroys the trim and the sealant is a nightmare to get off. ATC does not have any replacement trim for the newer FWC's, so they won't work on them. It's good to know there's a good reason for not working on them and convinces me I won't do the install myself. Being a member of the WTW website has once again paid off with valuable information.

I'm still debating about contacting my insurance company. I've had a couple of large claims in the last few years and don't want to push my luck.

camelracer said:
One of our esteemed WTW members went in and talked to Marty today and found out there's a good reason ATC won't replace the side liners in newer FWC's. It seems in '05 FWC started using a new kind of sealant between the trim, liner and wall. Removing the liner usually destroys the trim and the sealant is a nightmare to get off. ATC does not have any replacement trim for the newer FWC's, so they won't work on them. It's good to know there's a good reason for not working on them and convinces me I won't do the install myself. Being a member of the WTW website has once again paid off with valuable information.

I'm still debating about contacting my insurance company. I've had a couple of large claims in the last few years and don't want to push my luck.
Good to know the reason. It's still a bummer they can't do the work.
Frank

Sorry to hear about your accident.

If you look on the bright side, at least your liner was intact when you really needed it on the Carrizo.

Hope she's back on the mend soon.

It hurts to write big checks, I know, because I have a big one to send to the IRS tonight! :(

Camel racer, I did this when I was a young geezer! I was working in a warehouse as a fork lift operator. These were the kind you stand up in, not a sit down type. Anyhow, I had fully extended the lift and had placed a pallet on the very top rack, so I was facing the lift side then. Once done, I turned around and took off down the isle full speed with the lift still fully extended. Everything was fine until I encountered a rack that crossed over the isle I was screaming down. All of a sudden I heard a Big Bang, next thing I knew, I was hoofing it at the same speed I had been traveling in the fork lift, except I left the fork lift behind. Whoops! Nobody saw it, so I dropped the lift, and hurried and parked it like nothing had happened. Hope you feel better now!

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Oh yeah, ever seen a roll up door in a factory thats not dented? Myself I haven't done it but plenty of people have. Now the things I did do on a forklift, well I'm happy most were never documented :oops:

craig333 said:
Oh yeah, ever seen a roll up door in a factory thats not dented? Myself I haven't done it but plenty of people have. Now the things I did do on a forklift, well I'm happy most were never documented :oops:
I had to do some work as a contractor in a million square foot warehouse. The fork lifts and trolley drivers were nuts. Definitely heard several booms and crunches during the time we worked there.

If it makes you feel better I re-did the grease boots on the front suspension of my truck and only finger tightened the bolts holding the shocks in... week later while driving home from the airport at 2 am, my truck started bouncing like a basket ball along with sounding like a gong show. The shocks had come loose and were bouncing against the control arms with every bounce.

I was loading up the Eagle last week for a trip and as the rear of the truck reached the rear of the camper one side started to rub together. Got out of the truck to see what was what and decided to pull forward. Crap!...the truck would not budge. Is the camper leaning so hard on the truck that the truck won't move? Back out I go to see what the problem is. Could not budge the truck. Camper half loaded and I'm leaving in the morning. About the fourth time getting out to see what the hang up was when I got back in the truck...It was then that I released the parking brake....!

camelracer said:

That sucks Dick.
Looking at re-tracing our Colorado trip we made in 07/08 next month. Get that thing fixed!

Back
Top Bottom