Bugs on your FWC

Bombsight

Saw the attached photo and thought I'd ask ...

Have any of y'all have made a removable "Bra" to fit your FWC front end?

Seems like it would protect and make cleaning it much easier.

Maybe FWC's themselves could fabricate and sell a vinyl version as another OEM option? I know I'd buy one if the same quality went into it as thier campers.

Attachments

• 922893_479487682123969_786036209_n.jpg
    922893_479487682123969_786036209_n.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 177
One of the things on my to-do list for next summer is to fabricate a wind deflector for the front of the Grandby in hopes of improving three issues: 1 - Increase gas mileage, 2 - keep rain from being driven into the front of the camper (my old soft side has some small leaks when driving in the rain), and 3 - keeping bugs off the front of the camper. Issue 1 is a total guess. A deflector should solve issue 2. For bugs, I am just transferring the problem to the deflector. Hydrogen Peroxide or a good paste wax makes removing them easy(er).

jim

Pam spray is a really good idea. I have been looking at a wind faring but don't want to spend the money.

cwdtmmrs said:
Bombsight, Kolockum didn't post the original question, you did.

cwd
I realize that ... and PAM is a good suggestion to the bug issue. I was just pointing out that its not the best solution.
I'd be reluctant to use oil for too long of a period on my grill ..... much less, if my front seal had integrity issues.
For a quick solution, its great. Doesnt do much for hard object protection though.

Didnt mean to discredit your suggestion.

I've been using the Pam method for maybe 30 years now. Someday I will have to look for a real solution. :)

cwd

Stalking Light said:
I wonder about spraying a food product on the outside of your camper in bear country. :unsure:
Helps because the bears clean off the bugs when they lick the camper clean, haha.

Outnabout said:
Do you use this stuff on the vinyl as well?
Nope.
303 Aerospace Protectant per your owners manual.

• The pop-up section of the camper is the one part that takes some care. If you do the following, it will last as long as the camper does. When you have the camper stored, pop it up at least once a month and let it air out. Every six months, wash the outside with simple soap and water and then treat it with 303 Aerospace Protectant. 303 also makes a great cleaner. DO NOT USE Armor All on anything. This will destroy the liner over time. Follow these steps and your liner will stay in great shape over the years for you.

http://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-aerospace-protectant?gclid=Cj0KEQjw4ZOwBRDoxpjAvPXAl5MBEiQAEek_3vvIfrYd5S8BgMf0JF-H4iBuU3rdGbfmaFlPbW4mgO4aAgZR8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Back
Top Bottom