Bumper Storage Box/bike carrier

doinepicstuff

Advanced Member
I made a bumper mounted storage box that swings away to allow access to the camper. I no longer need the extra storage space so hoping to find a good home for it. Its a weather tech toolbox mounted on its side. The lid makes a great table for picnicking and what not. The box has stayed dry thru all kinds of rain/weather conditions (approx 10,000miles). It has Yakima bike mounts on the top (for two bikes). It has all LED lights wired into a trailer plug. Could also be modified to mount to hitch receiver. I'm currently in the San Fran area but could work out a meet up to deliver.

Attachments

• IMG_8481-2.JPG
    IMG_8481-2.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_8482-2.JPG
    IMG_8482-2.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_8483-2.JPG
    IMG_8483-2.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_8500-2.JPG
    IMG_8500-2.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_8501-2.JPG
    IMG_8501-2.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 148
Looks like something I was thinking to make.... I did not see an asking price. What are you thinking? Also, pictures are blurry. any chance you could send pics to jbgoflyakite@yahoo.com? Also, does it come with a bumper or does it mount to mine?

cheers

Sorry for not posting a price y'all. I have about 1300 in the build but realize that is a lot of cash so I am asking 1000. The hinge is on the passenger side of the truck so it swings open to the right. Opposite of the door but this allows for the lid of the box to serve as a table located on the same side as most awnings. It doesn't come with a bumper unless you really want the full steel bumper off my 2016 Tundra and then we would have to talk over a much higher price.

Rust said:
This is a great idea. Which way does the tool box door open?
The door swings down. I made it this way because up was a hassle to get stuff in/out and the lid makes a great table.

Back
Top Bottom