Bumpers

Kilroy

I've looked into putting on tougher bumpers on my Tundra. Pystoy, what is the bumper (awning thread) on your truck? Anyone else with aftermarket bumpers?

Hi Kilroy,

I had that made at Reunel bumpers in Yuba City, Calif. back in the mid 90's. I have not kept up with bumpers, but have seen alot of home made jobs that look good. Mine are 1/4 inch steel with 1/2 inch mounting. You must consider the airbag system on the tundra and have a bumper work with the system.

Some of the OFF-ROAD sites might have links to companys that provide allready made bumpers. You can look at the links here for one.
http://toyotalinks.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=fcba0c8e33a219bbc5839b520d282ca8&PID=23

Those are some serious bumpers! Don't think I can afford them right now though. Thanks for the lead.

Here is my front bumper that I had made.

Attachments

• DSC00034.JPG
    DSC00034.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 384
I'm glad you started this thread, Kilroy. I've been looking for a front bumper for my Dodge that won't cost a arm and a leg. With 5 radiators on the front I would really like some heavy duty protection. I was looking at Warn and the local shop wants $3K installed. If I had money to burn " offroadalloys" has a really nice product.
So that being said does anyone know of a quality product for not to much money? This is for a full size Dodge.
Buy the way, nice job drbyrdman!

Cheers,
Mike

Front Bumpers | 1994-2001 Dodge Ram
1994+ Dodge Ram Front Winch Bumper
This front bumper is designed for the 1994 and newer Dodge Ram.
PRICE: $1,200.00

Copyright © 2007 Off Road Tech Inc..

Can you explain some details of bumper construction. It appears that you have a main frame and then attach "body work". Sure looks to be sturdier than stock.
Thanks

Here is my front bumper that I had made.

Here are some other pics. It bolts on to the frame.

Attachments

• DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 344

Back
Top Bottom