Bye Pugsly picture :-(

hoyden

Lady Bug
I decided to see about changing my picture to my current doggies, and so I went through the motions here to see what it looked like... then decided I wasn't ready to change my pic from my cowboy hat wearing Pugsly. But it changed the picture anyway :(

I guess WtW decided it was time.
Sad Dawn.

Probably for the best. :(

It is hard moving on, isn't it? We still have our blog named after our last dog Rocky. But Pugsley lives on in your memories.

You never need to forget them, they will always be a part of you! Dawn, take a look at my picture, that black dog is my old faithful "Babe." She died 10 years ago! Never even thought about taking a new picture with "Bob" to replace it. I feel good every time I look at it and remember her, besides her and "Bob" look the same!

Smoke

Apparently, I've reached my quota for "likes" for the day.

Thanks, Smoke. That helps. I felt guilty for not having my current pups pics here, but Pugsly is so much part of my relationship here!

She was a character!

gHZpdAIBbftmvWB98FvxJeoCwWdEmrXL2hpBlljnVJcwmlM6JswltCGuRASP1ihAZEbs3CpHP8ZpU62KWDvvRFWn7rfpEq3Hw1hc_VQXLoJDbignunm5MuCuTTjjLyq2fJJXX4a-miFtm_EE3_NCFFOCA405KjS7xKRTCdTn9Iz6XEFdIpAT0oA0T0wDyfwtCIquw6SVsejcflp-AZe8oKQF5JriZRC31nZ98o3onVNbmmffdD_HMccmQxFDW3bi3CiWjt4yaAAQiekWcj5aFmYerFCxe7aSFIS6cCcqb4d6ckJEWs6Vw9ohULJ9Uph9XdnFgZedEejXVUjSOW7jjT0ewpk0KayErMpRbPAiPBLYv98YsPbsJoIrg2AwzzDfwcYE5RHtLCGIDVbX7Ojpcnb2P4U4sU0t6p1AhZcMq7bfa5x2yEClagEYMrLZa6OuCGCzwUTmoQArXBfSHN6awHc0_5HSrXFwD_ge2-D7v7yGKbvH0ymxQUh6dg6L8Kc7Gzj2vCLYONGPcAyL-2DWm4vA26l0qUPOPaw6hm1PJtst2BbphFF1WszMn0PfWJMlbJ-uK8XFKzQFgYHP5q3YBTtN3sbCXvdZzc7pK_81=w968-h636-no

takesiteasy said:
It is hard moving on, isn't it? We still have our blog named after our last dog Rocky. But Pugsley lives on in your memories.
Wandering “Sagebrush” was my old yellow Labrador retriever. He’s been gone for about 14 years, but I still miss the old boy...

gallery_4841_711_81314.jpeg

Oh! Puppy!

We love all our critters, but sometimes one is just ...special.
I loved my old dog, Alyosha. And I love Argos and Sully, but there was something different about my Pugs.

I grew up with cats and dogs, and have had a few kitties over the years too and I had one special cat who got killed by a car mid-life.
Her name was Spike - she was the runt of a littler, a little grey kitty, and tough as hell. But she also knew when I was sad or not feeling well and would curl up and stay with me. I got a tattoo for her after she died.

I didn't get a tattoo for Pugsly, I'm already somewhat too patchwork :) but I do keep her ashes - which I find odd since I logically know they are most likely a combo of a few dogs and there's no /her/ there. I guess it's something last to hold onto. A memory. A symbolic place for me to keep my thoughts of her.

The true character of anyone can often be seen in how they relate to children and to animals and specifically how they interact with them. Those who keep fond memories of pets long gone hold the good times spent with them as well as the relationship they had with that "special" pet.

We might only run across one or two "special" ones in our lifetime that are a cut above the others and we tend to remember them and thereby cherish their memory long after they are gone.

I had a friend that many years ago had a huge white shepherd mix named Bear. For obvious reasons relating to size only. Dave could tell that dog to sit and wait for him anywhere he went and the dog would do just that. He asked me to dog-sit one time for a few days and when he came over to my place and dropped off some food and food/water bowls all he had to do it tell Bear to "stay with Chuck". the dog sat down next to me on the front porch and watched Dave drive off.

Bear was like my own dog for a few days; I could walk him off-leash and take him in my truck and he would obey me when it came to the simple things like "Bear, SIT" and "Bear, STAY" and would respond when asked if he wanted to eat with a wagging tail and big eyes. He was pretty cool, like he knew Dave would return for him and by golly, when Dave knocked on the door a few days later, Bear sat up and looked at me and at the door as if he knew who it was. (probably heard Dave's truck in the driveway) I went to the door and told Bear to SIT, which he did and opened it and then he calmly nuzzled Dave's leg until Dave got down on the floor for some serious tail-wagging.

I swear, Dave could leave Bear at any friends' house the dog had visited before and was comfortable with and someone he knew and Bear would just "adopt" them temporarily until Dave came to pick him up. Quite a few people showed up when Bear passed away and a lot of tears were shed that day at a little "service" Dave held for him.

Quite a dog....Pugsly seems to have had your heart in his paw and vice versa....a good dog and a good owner/buddy/partner.

What a sweet story, PackRat!

The dog I grew up with was kinda like that - not as obedient! but he was my best friend and was comfortable anywhere. We lived out in a country subdivision with only a few houses and we had 5 acres. If I wanted to go up the road to the left or to a specific neighbor's house, I'd tell Hoka as we walked down our driveway and he'd start trotting in that direction. He was my best friend.

My folks got Hoka as a puppy a year before I was born, so I grew up with him. He died when I was 13.
We had another dog after him, but she ran away, and then another after her, but none could hold a candle to my Hoka.
He still holds a special place in my heart.

Back
Top Bottom