CA UT Quick November Trip

Taku

Incident Command
Did a quick early November trip down through the Owens Valley and onto the San Rafael Swell in UT to meet friends

med_gallery_4009_719_1106952.jpg

med_gallery_4009_719_4405361.jpg

Camp on the east side of the Owens Valley, just above where Hot Creek comes into the Owens River, did pretty good fishing, no pictures to prove it however.

med_gallery_4009_719_222607.jpg

Another nice sunset over the Sierras

med_gallery_4009_719_3705542.jpg

All the way over to the San Rafael Swell. Heard there was going to be a party, so had to go.

med_gallery_4009_719_2333943.jpg

Trying to figure out the best way into the canyon for the days hike.

med_gallery_4009_719_1340197.jpg

The way out and back to the trailhead.

med_gallery_4009_719_232792.jpg

Wild burro, one of many we saw.

med_gallery_4009_719_1458617.jpg

Back at camp and it's gonna get cold for the young dog, so he gets the comfy stuff.

med_gallery_4009_719_1642487.jpg

November sunset over the top of the San Rafael Swell.

Nice TR Taku, thanks for the ride along.
Beautiful sunsets. Didn't know you could fish the Owens this time of year.Never been there,might have to give it a try.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Frank

highz said:
Thanks for the TR! Enjoyed it. Does your dog stay in his cozy nest all night long? My dog crawls out after a few hours and then gets cold.
x2 on the dog. Usually put a sleeping bag over him but he changes position and ends up on top. Interested in what other people do. Saw a 12 volt heated blanket, thought about getting it for the pooch to sleep on but don't know what the current draw would be.

edit: I forgot to say nice trip report! looks like a good time.

Thanks enjoyed your tr---and yep makes you want to head out and about. Dog sure looked comfortable-my border collie needs a pillow before he's happy-each to his own-I guess.

Smoke

Our dog seems to gravitate to our warm sleeping bags as soon as we are out of the loft. So, we got him his own sleeping bag (our daughter's kid one). Nope, he wants on top of ours 'cause they are warmer. He snuggles up to us at night so he is our bed warmer (better than hot rocks).

San Rafael Swell is one of my fave places. None of the crowds like at the National parks and every bit as beautiful.

Sometimes the dogs stay under their blankets, sometimes not. Mostly not. They don't get heavy coats in the winter since they spend too much time in front of the wood stove. Trips will be in short supply for a couple/three months until things warm up and we get out of Dodge. I might even get the next set of prototype drawers and cabinets in the camper before then!

Back
Top Bottom