Cab over mattress size

64highboy

Advanced Member
Can anyone give me a measurement for the mattress in the cabover of a late 70's Alaskan. Truck is in my garage with camper on so I can't lift the top to measure.

Mines not stock, but couldn't you measure the bottom of the cabover, the front and th sides of the lower section are probably 3/4 ply

the clearance area is 44 x 77 inches and 3 inches high. the side walls control that when they are in the down mode. we just used some 3" camper pad foam from our local fred meyer store . it trims great with a metal hack saw. we do sometimes ad an extra 1" pad of memory foam to the top after camper is raised. the foam pads makes it easy to put in and take out as we don't camp as often as we'd like to. in this moist climate, we usually keep pads and seat cushions in the house to cut down on mildew and keep them smelling fresh between trips and during winter storage. ours is a '75 -10' co

wes

Thanks Wes. Need to try and get my foam cut before Friday. Maiden voyage this weekend and the wife won't be happy if she doesn't have a mattress to sleep on.

how far are you going on the maiden voyage? i guess it's going to be great no matter where you go. heck, i like sitting in my alaskan even when it's stored in the yard. have fun!!! hope all goes well.

wes

Back
Top Bottom