Cajun Turtle Burgers

EdoHart

Grasshopper
Otherwise known as heart attack on a plate.

Only in Louisiana -- Here's a new twist on how to serve burgers.

Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in a bacon weave, then the next step, add hotdogs as the heads, legs with slits for toes and tail.

Next step. Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. A little crispy, not too crunchy...just how a turtle should be, no?

Attachments

• cajunturtleburger.jpg
    cajunturtleburger.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 99
I believe the recipe was modified a few months ago. They are now marinated in a 10W30 sauce prior to baking.

Otherwise known as heart attack on a plate.

Only in Louisiana -- Here's a new twist on how to serve burgers.

Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in a bacon weave, then the next step, add hotdogs as the heads, legs with slits for toes and tail.

Next step. Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. A little crispy, not too crunchy...just how a turtle should be, no?

Are these cajun turtles an endangered species or is just the consumer who is endangered?

This went around a bit ago and we made some up for shits and grins a few weeks back. Its hard to get the bacon to actually crisp up. I'd say try turkey bacon or something that doesn't require the fat to be cooked down like regular bacon (I don't like chewy bacon personally). We ended up pulling most of the bacon off but it was good for a laugh while drinking some beers. :p

Back
Top Bottom