Came across this video yesterday. Viewer discretion advised.

What should one do in this situation. Looked to me like he should have gassed it to let the front wheels pull him to safety, but I think my instinct would be to hit the brakes, thereby letting the back end slide down the hill.

A good spotter would have noticed the precarious position of the rear wheel and had the driver back up and take a different approach.

I don't know about other wife's, but mine and myself would have had a *&%# fit.
Interesting video though.
Seemed to make it through.Doesn't show the getting out over that spot,or did he go another way.
Not something I am going to try anytime soon. Call me chicken I guess.
That could have turned out really,really bad.
Yes nice low center of gravity.
Frank

Don'like side hills with "bumps" in the road either.
A"hard side" would have rolled over.
"Put in first in low range.....Hug drivers side bank....and creep"
Should have stayed to the left well into the turn

Probably correct but without seeing it from the other angle. Sometimes you have to be there. A good spotter is priceless.

Viewpoint is all important. We were trying to find a fire once (very tiny fire) and the spotter in the airplane says take right onto that next road. It may have looked like a road from the air but it was no road on the ground.

Maybe he could have been more to the left. W/o being there it's hard to say. More to the left may have tilted him further over. Don't know if he got lucky or it was a intentional decision to stay on the throttle, but it sure looks to me like it saved him.
Impressive lack of articulation on that truck.

Indeed, my Tundra would have twisted much more than that F150, which are known for a much more rigid frame. Prolly saved a roll imho

Back
Top Bottom