Camp locator and map tools sites.

Alaskan Snowbirds

After reading Dawg’s Norcal trip report/article I wanted to find out a little more about one of the campgrounds since we'll be heading south from Wa. in a few days and might run down the Oregon/Cal coast.

I went to the web site for the .gov agency that has the campground but found nothing. Did a little more googling and came up with it on this site:

http://publiclands.org/home.php

After checking that campground I “wandered” around in the site and thought it was really good. Only deals with the western U.S. Listed a lot of the public lands that most of the "standard" motorhome/trailer pub's don’t, including some of the long term BLM areas etc., so thought I’d pass it along.

While I was checking the camping forum to see if that site was already listed I came across these that were listed. I thought it would be worth listing them again so we’ve got them in one spot:

These two are ones Dawg was a partner in ca. ’06. They list campgrounds within a 50 mi. radius of where you click. The top is west U.S., bottom east.

Camping USA – Your source for campground information in the USA
Camping USA – Your source for campground information in the USA

This one was listed by chnlisle. It says: “Comprehensive guide to the national parks and natural landscapes of Southwest USA”. It is a really nice site.

National Parks and Landscapes of the American Southwest

This is a tool HERR42 listed for downloading maps for the entire U.S. free. I haven’t tried it yet but it sounds like a tremendous deal:

JDMCOX Software

Happy Trails! AKSBs

We are in the process of redeveloping that camping USA site - will be done this spring and 1000 times better.

What I use...

FYI these are a few of the tools/sites I use.

To find "official" sites in Google Earth, go to Layers->Primary Database->Places of Interest and enable "Geographic Features" and "Parks and Recreation". Pretty nice.

Thanks Scott That is very cool and theres so much there I never gave a thought to. The nice thing is you cna click layers on and off depending on what your map needs are.

Back
Top Bottom