Camper Cover

chnlisle

Post Master
Hi Y'all

Well now that I have my new Hawk my wife has decided to park her car in the garage along side the Ram. I'm on her side since the pack rats out here enjoy feasting on brake lines and electrical wires. We know of someone who's car had to be junked after leaving it out just a couple of nights. So, you guessed it the Hawk stays outside. Have any of you guys either bought or made a cover for your FWC or ATC.

My guess is it isnt that tough to sew up. I sewed up all the canvas on my former boats but if there is one out there ready made I prefer that. Your help is welcomed and appreciated.

Jay

I have a rat killing dog so I never needed one. Well he used to be. Now he's deaf and sleeps all day but I don't know if the rats know that ;)

I am not aware of any pre made covers that will fit the camper. The few customers that I have talked to over time that have done that, either had a cover made or bought a large enough tarp to cover it.

Jeff, Tyvek must be way cheaper than Sunbrella but do you know how it hold up in UV. I think Pam would problay balk on the Tyvek printed all over it but maybe use the reverse side.

Craig your dog sounds like me.

Ben, I think you're right I'll probably need to make one. If I put in all the work of sewing one up I guess I'll get some UV resistant polyester fabric.

Thanks guys,
Jay

Jay,
Tyvek will degrade over time when exposed to UV. With all the work in layout and sewing a cover it's likely well worth the price of the better material.

this is the only company I know of

I think they will build a custom camper cover for you (for a price)

http://www.adcoprod.com/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Custom-Fit RV Covers - 3, 4 or 5 year warranty

When you desire the best fit and highest quality protective cover, we can custom fabricate a cover designed to fit your vehicle perfectly. Our nearly 50 years in business has allowed us to collect just about every vehicle's pattern in existence. In most cases, all that is needed is a Make and Model to process your order - with no measuring necessary.

Choose 100% Sunbrella® fabric for intense sun/rain/snow.

Choose 100% Tyvek® for sun/snow/dust.

Choose 100% SFS AquaShed® fabric for high moisture climates.

Full 1-piece tops and triple seams for durability. A Zipper Entry Door and storage bag is always included free. Ladder cap reinforces rear panel reducing cover wear over ladder. Production time runs 2 to 4 weeks. Made in the USA.

I sewed up a cover for my Hawk, using a blue tarp from Costco. Works great. I will endeavor to take and post a pic.

Steve in Seattle
2000 Hawk on 1998 F150 4x4 x-cab

Thanks Steve I would like to see it. I thought I might be able to convert a PVC cover for a tow behind pop up camper. I've seen them for as little as $50. But with the right motivation I could drag out the old sewing machine and make one.
Jay

Hey guys -

I was noodling on this topic on the way home from a trip this weekend, I'm thinking of something along the lines of a cover that can block rain/sun, but also allow the top to go up and provide some airflow for the inevitable drying out that has to happen after camping in the rain here in the Pac NW.

I'm not quite there in terms of figuring out a design yet but I'm sort of picturing something shaped like a table cloth where I can use tent poles or ?? to extend the corners out for drying time, but then cinch up tight with bungies for storage/driving around.

Anyway, if anyone has ideas shoot me a note, I'll think a little more and see if I can come up with a sketch for feedback. I also have zero experience with stitching Sunbrella or equiv. material so that would require some research as well - I'm guessing a test run with a tarp is in order first ;)

Scott

PS - sorry if this counts as thread hijacking, say the word and I'll move it elsewhere.

if this counts as thread hijacking, say the word and I'll move it elsewhere.

One shouldn't hijack the thread without hijacking the needle and the bobbin as well!

:)

they (adco) sell tyvek. are you guys thinking that it is no different than the material used as a vapor barrier in home construction?

I bought a cover for an 8 ft pop up trailer camper . I think it can be modified or maybe suit my needs as is. When I get a chance I'll put it on and see and post some pix. We're busy digging a pool here now and my wife would surely kill me if my attention is diverted.

Hi Jeff
I got it from CoverBonaza.com
The brand name is Classic Accessories out of Kent, WA. It came to $51.97 including shipping.

Back
Top Bottom