camper fit

A picture is worth a thousand words. This is Casa's rig at Zion NP

P1100720.JPG

ejwabqnm said:
Hi, all. Can a Tundra carry a Bobcat or do you have to have a Panther?
Thanks
I know I've seen or heard of a few others with Bobcats on Tundras, casa's is the first that comes to mind. Best of luck! ATC will get back to you. :)

The Tundra truck has many sizes. 2005 and down will carry The Bobcat, Panther or Ocelot. In my opinion the Panther is too wide for the first generation Tundra. The Ocelot has the full size floor that the Panther has however it can be built with the upper body of the camper being 72 inches wide (like the Bobcat) or 78 inches wide. Both of these are a nice fit. The Bobcat is built with a narrower floor for the Tacoma sized trucks.
In 2006 we have found 3 different size truck beds on the Tundra. For 2006 the 78 inch wide Ocelot is the better fit however we need build it for the bed that is on it.
The newer 2007 and up have a very deep bed like the F150 so we build the Panther and the Ocelot with a deeper floor to fit better. The newer Tundra's are wider and the 78 inch wide Ocelot or the Panther models will fit it great.
To sum this up we build each camper in different heights and widths to fit the truck they are being sold for.
Please keep in mind that this is only for the 6 1/2 foot bed models. The long bed trucks have the same changes with other of our model campers.
Marty

ejwabqnm said:
Hi, all. Can a Tundra carry a Bobcat or do you have to have a Panther?
Thanks
As Bill Harr posted my camper in Zion,thanks.
The reason I have a Tundra with a Bobcat,is that I had the Bobcat on a Ford Ranger and after two years and a loooong trip to Denali we felt with the smaller V6 and less than comfortable seats we needed something larger.
Marty told me that the 1st gen Tundra would be a perfect fit and he was right.It works great on the truck and doesn't hang over too much.
The floor of the bobcat is about 6" narrower than the Ocelot but the upper area is the same size.Just right for us.
If you need and other info feel free to ask me.
Frank

We have an Ocelot (the narrow one - 72" I think ) on our 05 Tundra and it fits well. Just wide enough for me at 5'10" to sleep east/west but it doesn't stick out the sides too much. When we took off the jacks, our mileage stabilized at about 15 to 15.5 mpg.

Taku said:
We have an Ocelot (the narrow one - 72" I think ) on our 05 Tundra and it fits well. Just wide enough for me at 5'10" to sleep east/west but it doesn't stick out the sides too much. When we took off the jacks, our mileage stabilized at about 15 to 15.5 mpg.
I thought your camper looked like our Bobcat,but wider at the floor.
That 72" width is just right for us also and it doesn't hang over so to block the mirrors.
I manage to get similar mileage.between 15/16 depending on how much freeway we take.Even when on the freeway I stay about 60/65 mph.
What is the difference with the "blue phase" snow goose?
Frank

Ok, you guys are great, BUT, it looks like I found a sweet price on an 03 Prerunner so it looks like the bobcat is the answer. What do you think of that pairing?

It should work fine as long as you pay attention to the suspension (air bags & springs) and tires. The later Tacomas are more powerful but the 03 should get the job done.

I thought your camper looked like our Bobcat,but wider at the floor.
That 72" width is just right for us also and it doesn't hang over so to block the mirrors.
I manage to get similar mileage.between 15/16 depending on how much freeway we take.Even when on the freeway I stay about 60/65 mph.
What is the difference with the "blue phase" snow goose?
Frank

Frank: The "blue phase" snow goose is a dark genetic variant of the species. Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Goose

Back
Top Bottom