Camper Info for Outfitter Caribou Lite

Some good info on Outfitter on this thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/104312-Comparing-Outfitter-Caribou-Lite-6-5-to-FWC-Hawk

Ashleyr-

Sorry it took so long for me to reply but I never noticed the post. I was all set and ready to buy the caribou lite but couldn't get a loan. The camper isn't listed in the price guides so they had no way to tell what they were worth.

I was heart broken with only two weeks left until my vacation. Luckily I kept looking in Craigslist and spotted an 09 hawk that looked brand new at a place you would never guess, camping world. I jumped on it right away and got it for a steal, $6800. By the time I had it loaded on my truck they had an offer for close to 10k.

I still wander about the caribou lite and would love to hear from one owner. It still seems like a good option when considering a new purchase although I couldn't be happier with my hawk.

Nice grab on the Hawk! I will comment that I met a couple in late April from the front range that had a caribou lite. They must have gotten one of the first models as I think they said they have had it for around a year and a half. It was on I Tacoma if I remember correctly. They were stoked on it and they did not mention any issues. I was really impressed with he look and build quality and it is very nicely outfitted with many standard options that are extras on FWC's (just about everything that you would insist on adding onto a FWC were standard). See the comparisons with the Hawk on the website. Price is awesome for what you get. If I was buying new I would definitely go with one of these seeing that I am in Colorado, there is virtually no lead time and the pricing is great. They do pop side to side as mentioned and I believe they have easier lifting due to better mechanical advantage in the system.

Back
Top Bottom