Camper Insurance - Allowed Only When On Truck?

David_h

Advanced Member
Hi,
I recently added the Hawk camper to my auto policy, however they said that to offer this type of insurance it needs to remain on the truck at all times. Does anyone else have insurance that does not have this limitation? I'd worry that my truck may not be covered if I drive it without the camper.
Thanks in advance
Dave H
Mill Valley, CA

I think they are referring to the camper not being covered if it is not on the truck. The truck should be covered whether the camper is on it or not. That's how the rider on my camper works. Check with you insurance agent to be sure.

And if it is not on the truck then i would think it would be covered under homeowners;, but I need to check.

My insurance is with State Farm. I have a rider on my truck policy. The camper is covered with my truck policy while on the truck. It is covered by my homeowner policy when stored in my garage.

I think they are referring to the camper not being covered if it is not on the truck. The truck should be covered whether the camper is on it or not. That's how the rider on my camper works. Check with you insurance agent to be sure.

OK; I called them today, a representative said that the truck would still be covered if the camper was removed, but that the camper would not. In contrast to when I called to add the camper, an insurance rep would not offer the camper coverage unless it remained on the truck at all times, maybe I missunderstood. Anyway, my new declaration page does not show the camper, however their system shows it as covered. I've asked for some documentation for my files to show that it is covered and they are looking into that. Maybe its time for another insurance company.
Dave H
Mill Valley, CA

Pretty sure that is how it works for my camper too.

When the camper is on my truck, it is covered on my AAA automotive insurance.

If the camper is not on my truck and for example is stiing in my driveway on the camper jacks, it is covered under my State Farm home owners policy.

Back
Top Bottom