Camper Mods

Star152

I made some simple camper mods....I posted photos in the gallery. check it out..........

IMG_4411.JPG

Very nice! Do you have the parts list, including sizes for the propane tank mod?

And can you give the details on the window flap supports? Did you just add velcro to the ends of the sticks?

Thanks!

Note that below each photo in the gallery is code to include either full sized photos or linked thumbnails in threads. I added photos to the original post to demonstrate.

you will need a wrench to unscrew the brass fitting from the propane tank before you can fill it.

there is a flexible propane hose attached to all of that hard plumbed brass line you see there, so once it is disconnected, the hardware will move to the side and the tank will slide out like your tank does.

=================================================

how do you refill the on-board propane tank?

Attachments

• OUTSIDE TANK PICTURE.jpg
    OUTSIDE TANK PICTURE.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 718
Sorry about that........I thought it might be easier to put photos in the gallery.
The awning supports were made from 3/4" dowel cut to 16" lenghts then I put a 40 degree angle on one end. then I velcroed each end to match the window flap done.

the propane adapter was bought as a kit from camping world. the fittings were the same size. lucky me. I removed the fitting to the tank and replaced it with the one you see in the photo that came with the adapter kit. As you can see a perfect fit.

the clip for the awning pole was from OSH self sticking wiring clip.........

Sorry about that........I thought it might be easier to put photos in the gallery.

I'm the one that's confusing you :) You did it just right, I was just demonstrating how those photos from the gallery can be embedded in the discussion. Sorry to hijack your thread. :cool:

Thx....D.D. I'm still learning how to do this fourm thing........

those window awnings are sweet...nice work on the new mods and thanks for posting picks and details...i have been slackin' lately :D!

Hey Jeff

looks can be deceiving

we switched away from the wing nut ...

* it was not always that easy to get off because the wing nut would hit the tank bracket each time you twisted it unless you really pushed on the tank backwards.

* sometimes on rough roads the bolt would loosen up from the wing nut and drop right out on the dirt road - gone forever

the last thing you would probably want to see on a trip is to look in your side view mirror and see your propane tank dangling out the side of the camper only held in by the propane line

I'm sure there is a better way to do it, maybe worth a brain storm session, but the bolt and wing nut wasn't all that great

:)

====================================================

hey....look at that wingnut for the lp bottle hold down......I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!!

I did the same thing till I found the wing nut hanging by half a thread. Now its double nutted. Worth the inconvenience to make sure the tank stays put.

the last thing you would probably want to see on a trip is to look in your side view mirror and see your propane tank dangling out the side of the camper only held in by the propane line

I'm sure there is a better way to do it, maybe worth a brain storm session, but the bolt and wing nut wasn't all that great

Been there:eek:

On my old Fleet model the first time out the tank fell out and hit the side of the truck bed.

On the Ranger I took out the bolt and wingnut and got a threaded brass sleeve. Drilled a bigger hole from the bottom and screwed it in. Then on the inside I just have the bolt to loosen and tighten.

Back
Top Bottom