camper names

dscobell

Advanced Member
Afternoon all,

As I await the arrival of our Grandby, I started thinking about names for our camper. That started me thinking about the actual names for the various models. Does anyone have any idea as to how FWC arrived at the names for each model? A google search for Grandby yielded very few ideas.

Perhaps Stan will see this and chime in..

Most big fortune 500 companies like Four Wheel Camper spend 10's of thousands of dollars doing a patent and name copyright search, and then pay a marketing consulting geek 10's of thousands more to come up with something really cool that is not already excluded by the above searches. Just kidding. I used to work for Hewlett Packard, and that's how they did it.

Chris

Granby is a town in Colorado, the state where Four Wheel Campers were originally manufactured. I believe that that is where the name comes from. I'll bet that Jeff from ATC can confirm or refute that, as he was with FWC in the early days. How about it, Jeff?

And just to the south of Granby is Keystone Mountain and Keystone ski area - FWC's 9 foot camper. Ranger, Ranger II, and Fleet were more common names. FWC then went with birds and ATC went with cats.

In my company, we usually come up with the names after work over a beer. You'd be surprised how many names are determined by something that pops up on the TV over the bar. :)

I named my hawk camper "JJ", aka Jackie Johnson the hot weather girl. my wife is so pissed she wont step foot in the hawk. so I pulled the bed extension out and camp solo. making the camper a lot lighter LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom