Camping near Calistoga ?

billharr

Looking for a place to camp over night near Calistoga. I am going to the AMA Flattrack race on Oct 1, 2011. The state parks and the one at the fairgrounds are both full. Has anyone boon-docked in that area? It maybe midnight when the race is over and I get to any camping so just a place to park when you will not get hassled would do.

Thank for any information.

Sorry Bill, can't help you. With all the great B&B's in the wine country, if we go over for more than a day, we leave the camper home.

Bill,
The wife and I grew up in Napa and I can't even think of a place to boondock. Best I can offer is Mendocino National forest just north of Upper Lake in Lake County, but that is an hour or more away from Calistoga. Bothe State Park is just south of Calistoga but I think they closed last weekend. The County fairgrounds in Napa has an rv park. Problem is every person that has made a little money has bought every spare inch in the valley to put their name on a label.

Looks like I might take the car and just drive home after the race only 2 hours. No camping and although the B&B's over there are great they all want a two night min to reserve a Saturday night and I will not get to bed until after midnight.

Back
Top Bottom