Can anyone name this route?

buckland

Site Team
In my haste some months ago I simple screen shot a map ....then forgot to name it... and in so doing I now see I need a whole bunch of more details. This I am pretty sure it is all Public lands or Forest roads. Being a geezer I can't remember where I got it.
TIA

Attachments

• Route-west.jpeg
    Route-west.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 82
Yup thanks .........the Continental Divide trail.
NO winter or Spring travel there!
Appreciate the quick response as I am trying to consolidate my maps for a trip.

Not sure about New Mexico, but in CO you took Hwy 285 to Alimosa, then 160 to South Fork, then Hwy 149 to Creede, Lake City, then
Hwy 50 to Gunnison, then northeast over Cottonwood Pass to Buena Vista. A beautiful drive, especially now with the aspen in color.

Cottonww said:
Not sure about New Mexico, but in CO you took Hwy 285 to Alimosa, then 160 to South Fork, then Hwy 149 to Creede, Lake City, then
Hwy 50 to Gunnison, then northeast over Cottonwood Pass to Buena Vista. A beautiful drive, especially now with the aspen in color.
Yep, that northernmost end looks like the paved State/County road west out of Buena Vista to Cottonwood Pass. Goes right by Cottonwood Hot Springs on the way up--a nice, quiet, alcohol-free soak. Dunno about campsites there but they're on the Intertubes.

Lots of the rest of it looks like the CDT backpacking trail and/or the CDT moto/vehicle route.

Foy

Back
Top Bottom