Can The Tail Lights Be Removed From A Ranger 2?

witheflo

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about buying a Ranger 2. The only thing I don't care for is the hanging tail lights. Anyone removed theirs? Thanks in advance for any info.

Dan

You might look at
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2461/.
He is reworking a Ranger II.

Tanking wrap arounds off (if you have them) is easily doable but I'd think removing the part with the lights is going to be a bit more involved and may require some structural rework. Best bet would be ask the guys at ATC or FWC what is involved framewise.

I have a ranger 2 and recently re-wired the stock lights back into working order. I looked at opening up the sections so I could just use my truck lights, but a couple things I found,

i have some pics on here in a post a while back you can see the design.

1. if you cut out the old lights you actually only access the inside of the camper and then would have to modify the bench inside the camper to see your truck lights and then somehow close the gap from the outside air

On the other side if you have a furnace and the fridge area to deal with , it seems like it would take a lot to modify the structure to do this

I think it could be done but I believe it would involve cutting into the frame of the camper. It is much easier rewire and and have reliable plugs/connections and use the factory lights imho.

Good luck

Chris

I also modified a Ranger II. The wings were easy to remove. Peel back the aluminum siding covering and you will find that the wing frames have access holes to hex head screws that attach the frames to the camper. Careful trimming of the remaining siding, installation of new trim, and it looks as good as new. I left the stock taillights on the camper because of structural issues and I also like the finished look of the stock backside of the Ranger II with the taillights. Good luck with your decisions.

Attachments

• wing-redo-001-web.jpg
    wing-redo-001-web.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 130
  • wing-redo-002-web.jpg
    wing-redo-002-web.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 130
ski3pin did a great job removing the ranger 2 wings. The diamond aluminum plate cleaned it up well. Now it will fit into a lot more mini trucks without hitting the outside of the bed. Marty

Back
Top Bottom