Can't pump all water out of tank?

It's the first winter with my Hawk, so I can't say. However, I've installed the same valve in a couple of other campers over the years and haven't noticed any flow problems.

NRVhawk said:
Sounds like a good way to avoid having to flush antifreeze out of the fresh water tank every spring. I noticed that some of the reviews faulted the valve for restricting flow - did you experience any problems with that?

Great - thanks!
stanbiker said:
It's the first winter with my Hawk, so I can't say. However, I've installed the same valve in a couple of other campers over the years and haven't noticed any flow problems.

I installed the same camco kit several years ago and have not experienced any reduced flow. The ball valve is not much of a restriction, if any. I also installed the water heater bypass kit so there is never antifreeze in the hot water tank either. The winterizing kit is very easy to use: turn the valve, place the pickup tube into the antifreeze jug, and use the camper pump to fill the lines.

The water storage tank drain works very well when parked at a slant. Any residual water left in the storage tank or water heater tank is not a problem. I don't think you can remove all the water from the pump or lines without disassembly, that is why I use winterban there.

Quick question, when you guys say you blow air through the lines, how are you doing that?

My hawk will spend most of the winter outside. I ran the water pump for a few minutes to drain the tank is much is possible but it still seems like there are steady drops of water coming through the kitchen sink faucet.

fireball said:
Quick question, when you guys say you blow air through the lines, how are you doing that?
My hawk will spend most of the winter outside. I ran the water pump for a few minutes to drain the tank is much is possible but it still seems like there are steady drops of water coming through the kitchen sink faucet.
Places like Campingworld sell a small plastic fitting that will take an air chuck... it screws into your city water inlet. After you've drained your tank, put the fitting in, open your faucets and blow air through them. I typically do one faucet at a time, hot side, then cold. Low, constant pressure works nicely. Bicycle floor pumps work ok.

For the water pump, if not putting RV anti freeze thru it, I will disconnect the discharge side and the run the pump for a second. You'll get about a cup of water out of it. Use a bath towel to catch the water.

Back
Top Bottom