Caples Creek - June 2016

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
This was a quick day trip for us. The story is told mostly with short videos that we hope help give you more of a sense of being in this beautiful area close to our home. Please enjoy. The story is posted to our blog here -

Caples Creek - June 2016

Beautiful area Mr 3Pin! Looks like a nice place to chase fish in the fall. Thanks for sharing!

Oh, keep the mosquitoes, we have plenty...

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Nice day trip.
Enjoyed the videos.It's good to see that much water in the creeks and rivers.
Thanks for taking us along.
Frank
My sentiments also. :)

I couldn't really tell from the map on your link, but does Caples Creek run into, or out of, Caples Lake? I fished Caples Lake a couple of years ago and got skunked. In spite of not catching anything, it was a great day in a beautiful area. Nice to know that the skeeters are still out in force.

Lighthawk said:
I was hoping for some vicarious early season fly fishing. :unsure:

Hummmmmmmmm I'll work on this.

GroovyDad said:
I couldn't really tell from the map on your link, but does Caples Creek run into, or out of, Caples Lake? I fished Caples Lake a couple of years ago and got skunked. In spite of not catching anything, it was a great day in a beautiful area. Nice to know that the skeeters are still out in force.
Caples Creek flows out of Caples Lake. Fish the south shore of Caples Lake using the lodgepoles for cover. Be patient, watch for a big one to come quietly cruising right along the shore. Observe what it is taking and plan your presentation. We were out in the woods all last weekend. The skeeters are easing up some but the meat bees are looking for sweets.

Thanks all for your very kind comments. We both appreciate them. :)

Ted said:
Nice day trip. The Lady is quite the Sherpa with her purple pack.
Ted, she is quite the Sherpa and lots of fun to wander through the mountains and deserts with.

Back
Top Bottom