Carrying bikes on front of First Gen Tundra

2trout

Hi Folks,

Anyone here every carry bikes on the front of a first gen Tundra? Preparing for a road trip and we acquired two lightweight bikes for the trip. Truck carries a 2003 Hallmark Milner and Id rather not carry the bikes on the back. Any ideas?

trout

I did and still do on my current truck, current truck has a Ranch Hand brush guard, which the carrier is mounted to. The 06 Tundra had a push bar and the carrier was mounted to it via a aluminum plate that spanned the cross bars. I like it on the front as the bikes are out of the way of the rear door and I use a hitch carry for firewood, also the bikes stay cleaner on the front, Never had any cooling issues

Front receiver hitch makes it easy. There is a thread on this. (I have one and it works very well)

I prefer bikes on the back but for our last camper we used a front hitch when not using some camper mounted bike hangers on the back. We had a brush guard so I had the fab shop weld/fasten some tube stock for a hitch, but a stock front hitch would have been simple and cheap.

https://imgur.com/a/3pL6HE1

Just to offer another option, this is what works well for us. We did not want the extra weight of a hitch + bike rack. We also often tow a boat, so this has been an awesome solution for us.

Attachments

• IMG_2094 (1).jpg
    IMG_2094 (1).jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 59

Back
Top Bottom