Central NV -- Monitor Valley Rd (Hwy 82) to Pine Creek question

RicoV

I'm wondering if you WTWers that savor the Central NV backcountry could advise me on the general road conditions of Hwy 82 in Monitor Valley (from Pine Creek Campground vicinity up to US Hwy 50)? My map software tells me this 55-mile route requires 3.75 hours to navigate (pic below), for a whopping 15 mph average speed, but I'm having a real hard time comprehending that estimate. The road is essentially straight, and a zoom-in on various stretches of it in Google Earth suggest it shouldn't take anywhere near that long to do. Can any of you weigh in on whether it's washboardy or extremely chewed up or other, and whether that time estimate seems accurate? Thanks!
Rico

Attachments

• hwy82_monitor_valley_55mi_3hr42min_gm.jpg
    hwy82_monitor_valley_55mi_3hr42min_gm.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 111
I do recall that not long ago there was a post here about the damage done by recent storm system(s). Otherwise concur with Mr. Ski's assessment for the portion of that road that I have traversed.

Those dirt roads are Nevada highways. Set cruise control and what speed makes you happy and enjoy the ride. But, then there's always the unexpected too.

Back
Top Bottom