Chain saw for the road

Hittheroad

I usually take hand saws to get me out of trouble in back country.
But if you need something more look at the Stihl battery powered saw. It costs a bundle but when I was given a Stihl gift certificate I took the plunge.
It cuts fast and well, the chain hardly ever needs sharpening and the battery lasts and lasts and lasts. It charges fast so those with a solar panel can wait for half hour of sun and hook up the inverter. No gas, no smell, no explosion hazard, You do need bar oil.

Looks like you can pick one up for about $249,after $100 rebate. Neat tool idea.
Frank

I believe that is the price without battery or battery charger. I suspect where they are headed is a free tool with every battery.

Still needs bar oil. My Sears chain saw works great. Just leaves a pool of oil behind it. Thank god it has a case. Interesting concept. I'd really like to see one in action. I really can't imagine the battery lasting on a big log. Hope I'm wrong.

Still needs bar oil. My Sears chain saw works great. Just leaves a pool of oil behind it. Thank god it has a case. Interesting concept. I'd really like to see one in action. I really can't imagine the battery lasting on a big log. Hope I'm wrong.

You are quite right the battery performance is hard to imagine.
It does last longer when used in a stop and go mode. I get about 2 hours when limbing a tree where much time goes to dragging limbs into a brush pile.

A couple of days ago I cut some 20 inch plus Cherry logs. No stress on the battery but the 10 inch blade made things fun.

Back
Top Bottom