Chevy/GMC rear bumpers compatibilty

Bombsight

Pardon me if I asked this before but....

Does anyone know for a fact if a 3500 Chevy rear bumper will fit a 3500 GMC rear bumper?

Thanks

in the past they were the same, only the badging was different...

call a "pick and pull"...give them the year and i bet they can answer your question w/ 100% accuracy ...

good luck

I've done some research on multiple aftermarket bumper makers. They ALL have the same part number listed for Chevy as for GMC with their products.

With that being said, what would prevent an Aluminess rear bumper, advertised for Chevy, from fitting a GMC of same model (1500-2500-3500)? :unsure:

You would think that by now, Aluminess could confirm this. :cautious:

Depending on the year of your GM truck you may need to lift the bed to replace the rear bumper. At least that is the case with my 2015 Chevy 1500HD. I was not happy that I had to remove the camper to replace the bumper. Not only did it cost a lot of money but it changed a simple DIYS into a PITA take it to the body shop project. I don't know if this would apply to your truck but you may want to look into this before you start.

simimike said:
Depending on the year of your GM truck you may need to lift the bed to replace the rear bumper. At least that is the case with my 2015 Chevy 1500HD. I was not happy that I had to remove the camper to replace the bumper. Not only did cost a lot of money but it changed a simple DIYS into a PITA take it to the body shop project. I don't know if this would apply to your truck but you may want to look into this before you start.
I have heard of that from others. I don't like that idea at all but I really need a full size spare ... and a box to put my generator in.
What kind of bumper did you put on?

Bill D said:
I think it is the ugliest thing ever. Glad you like it though.
You're right, it is ugly. But I recently sold my house and had to do a bunch of truck stuff and the little step made getting in and out of the bed easier.

simimike said:
You're right, it is ugly. But I recently sold my house and had to do a bunch of truck stuff and the little step made getting in and out of the bed easier.
I wonder what most people think of the look of the bumper step GMC built in?

I personally think it was GMCs knee jerk solution to Ford's tailgate step.

To me, the beauty of most trucks, is it is one of the last vehicles on the road, that still has a beautiful traditional chrome bumper.

Bill D said:
I wonder what most people think of the look of the bumper step GMC built in?

I personally think it was GMCs knee jerk solution to Ford's tailgate step.

To me, the beauty of most trucks, is it is one of the last vehicles on the road, that still has a beautiful traditional chrome bumper.
I'm all about function over form. They can jerk that knee till it catches on fire so long as theres a good reason for it.

Bombsight said:
I'm all about function over form. They can jerk that knee till it catches on fire so long as theres a good reason for it.
I believe Ford has GMC beat on both accounts. I'm sure the GMC step is handy. Personally I just step up at the license plate which is the exact same height. Where the GMC design shines is if you are pulling a trailer or you have the tailgate down.

Back
Top Bottom