Chico area camper owners?

Johnwilson94

Hi there,
Been lurking for a while as I am researching and trying to find a pop up camper for my pickup. I have been using a camper shell set up on my outings and it is starting to get really old so it is time for an upgrade. I have come across a few FWC in my search and think that's what's going to fit the bill of I can find an older one in my price range. I have been researching a lot on this website and think it's time to actually see one in person to actually get a good feel of one. I was wondering if there were any FWC ATC or other camper owners in the Chico CA area that wouldn't mind letting me see their set up.

Thanks,
John

In my opinion... If that is your price range, then it would be a good "starter" pop-up truck camper.

Check the dimensions of the camper to make sure it will fit your truck and make sure your truck will be able to handle the weight, which you should look into as well, i.e., how much does it weigh?..

What it may need in "fixing" you can do as you have more $ and as time permits.

Keep it in the same or better condition and you'll probably be able to get your money out of it when (or if) you decide to sell it.

It would be a real long shot to find an FWC or ATC very close to that price.

Pay particular attention to the staining on the interior of the interior of the vinyl, and for leaks. In particular, look at camper corners for signs of rot. It appears the owner has done a good job in addressing 22 years of use, but there might be issues still needing repair.

As Alley-Kat mentions, ensure the camper fits your truck. Older trucks, like in the photo, may have been wider between the wheel wells than newer trucks. That would mean a lot of work narrowing done the floor pack.

I have an 88 f250 so the bed fit won't be an issue. I'm looking more for details of how well built Phoenix campers are, especially the little older ines as I can't find much info on them. I'm not scared of a little project, but if it's common for the frame to get damaged or if they are generally pretty junk campers I won't bother.

1500 isn't my max price range, but obviously I'm looking for the best bang for my buck and there are no other campers around that are reasonably priced.

So are there any camper owners in the Chico/paradise or north valley area willing to show off their rigs?

Back
Top Bottom