Christmas Present

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I just got notice from FWC that our Granby will be delivered on 12/26. I'm looking forward to getting it on the truck and getting out and using it.

Thank you FWC & Santa!

Congratulations. Last year they delivered our Grandby 3 days before Christmas. On the day after Christmas, we headed to the Wiley Wells area in the Colorado Desert in California for its shakedown trip. We'll be out there again this year in the geode beds. Merry Christmas and enjoy!!!

That sleigh of Santa's is friggin huge!
happy0004.gif

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I just got notice from FWC that our Granby will be delivered on 12/26. I'm looking forward to getting it on the truck and getting out and using it.

Thank you FWC & Santa!
Boy Santa sure will take care of you.You must have been a good boy.It might be coal for me.
Frank

Sweet....This is going to be a holiday that will bring back that little boy anticipation that most of us never feel after age 12. Congratulations. Have a great holiday and a happy, healthy and adventurous New Year.

Thanks everyone! Yup, mid sixties, going on twelve is accurate. I'm looking forward to a shakedown trip to SE Oregon (Steens/Painted Hills/Alvord Desert), then to the SW later in the winter. Hurry Christmas, don't be late!

Yours will be a very Merry Christmas/ And, you have great taste in locations for your maiden voyage: Steens area, Alvord and Painted Hills. We will be in that area in march, again in May/June and September/October. The eastern Oregon area is wonderful for getting away from the masses, the weather is great and best of all, fewer people. Your set up will get you there in comfort and be carefree.

Now don't you think the Desert Tortoise would look better with that crummy gold cap off the back of the truck, and with a nice Granby sitting in its place...

I am truly getting anxious! Now to talk the Bride into leaving the silver bullet at home for the next trip.

7019423305_8668c0b497_b.jpg

With all the needed comfort in place in the new grandby for you and the bride, looks like with the silver bullet you could bring the in laws and both sides of the family's first and second cousins and a couple of aunts and uncles. How's the weather forecast for camper pick up day?

'3pin

I am afraid to look at the ten day forecast. I am planning on picking it up in Medford, but one of my Friends called yesterday, and the Rogue Valley was socked in with freezing fog. For another reason, I may have to let them bring it up to Woodburn on the following day, but prefer going to the Valley.

What I think is going to happen when traveling, is I get relegated to the Granby, and the Bride will take the Airstream. Salty (Dog of the Desert) will of course have to protect the Bride. Actually, I am trying to twist her arm into leaving the Airstream at home for the next trip. I'd like to be very mobile, and spend time in the more remote places, sans the silver base camp.

Going from that beautiful Airstream to a Grandby might take a little time and planning. Me and mine travel pretty light but even then there is some amount of shuffling that goes on. I will say for us there is enough room to chill and watch a movie on a laptop tho. It's cozy but very comfortable. The mobile part of this kind of camper is what really makes it awesome to me and we have yet to want for more. That Airsteam would be like staying at the Ritz-Carlton! :)

Back
Top Bottom