Christmas Present

^^Just Like The Proverbial dog House... Been There A Few Times!

Bwht4x4 said:
Awesome WS! Good luck on trying to stay out of it.

I got mine on the other day and I can't stay out of it. My neighbors are probably starting to wonder what I'm doing out there sitting in the camper with the lights on.
seems normal to me :)

My new years resolution will be to be more patient. Please don't ask me my history of resolutions :)

Bwht4x4 said:
Awesome WS! Good luck on trying to stay out of it.

I got mine on the other day and I can't stay out of it. My neighbors are probably starting to wonder what I'm doing out there sitting in the camper with the lights on.
Ok... I am going to out my self here. I sleep in mine from time to time while it is parked in the drive way. And no, the wife is not mad at me. I just like my hawk that much! Something soothing about hanging out in the camper. I remember one sleepless night, I actually moved to the camper (with permission) so I could get some zzzzzzz's.

ENJOY! Sage...very cool. Where will your first adventure take you?

(Bwht4x4...)
How funny. When I got mine, I could not stay out of it either. In fact, I have my covered wagon (Hawk), on my Toyota Tundra sitting in my drive way. Sometimes I have the urge, which I can't control and I find myself popping the top and sleeping in her for the night. Lights on, playing cards, music or just checking things out. One of a few modifications I did, was that I sliced my 4" mattress down to 3". "perfect" fit. At the time, this was my best option because the 4" mattress was just too hard. I now sleep better in my camper than I do in my home bed. Go figure! I think the new campers now use a 3" foam slab for the bunk. Hmm, the urge is hitting me again...Good night... :eek:) happy camping!

Congratulations on the new camper, many happy trips and experiences.

When I had my camper delivered there was no sitting around playing cards and enjoying it. There was camper parts and wiring all over and the place and the inside looked gutted. That was the real fun and enjoyment of having a new camper! Tear it apart and put it back together. You guys are weird just sitting around and enjoying the new camper. :p

Sit in it, on top of it or next to it. There are two important things here:
1) ENJOY it
2) and Lets get some more Pics up !

It's practically 36 hours, I don't understand :D

Timothy McGowen said:
Maybe he forgot the camera at home and hasn't made it back there yet…. busy wandering the west
Tim, I never forget the camera. We've been traveling a bit to get to our third and next to the last Christmas celebration. Just one more to go...

Here's a few more shots over at the beach house. So far, I am truly impressed. One thing that I was surprised not to see was an owner's manual. I don't know if that was an oversight, or if they do not make one. I think it would be handy for documenting some of the basics like systems and winterizing. Not a big thing, but I think there should be one. One improvement that is needed is a drip rail over the area around the cab. The Bride got a surprise when she stepped out of the truck to get the mail. I didn't know a bit of water could provoke words like that... :oops:

A couple of quick observations. No more sway when driving! The old Caribou nearly made me sea sick with all the rock and roll. I can feel the little bit of weight on the truck, but it doesn't impact handling, nor does it have great impact on mileage.

So here are a few more photos

11633137264_64ab923626.jpg

11632745055_c531a3195f.jpg

11633527096_4145ebc0fc.jpg

11633527176_74ff7d867b.jpg

They handed me an owner's manual with mine last week. You can also print one from the FWC website.

For the price we pay you should contact them and they should be able to mail one to you. May have just been lost in the delivery.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Tim, I never forget the camera. We've been traveling a bit to get to our third and next to the last Christmas celebration. Just one more to go...

Here's a few more shots over at the beach house. So far, I am truly impressed. One thing that I was surprised not to see was an owner's manual. I don't know if that was an oversight, or if they do not make one. I think it would be handy for documenting some of the basics like systems and winterizing. Not a big thing, but I think there should be one. One improvement that is needed is a drip rail over the area around the cab. The Bride got a surprise when she stepped out of the truck to get the mail. I didn't know a bit of water could provoke words like that... :oops:

A couple of quick observations. No more sway when driving! The old Caribou nearly made me sea sick with all the rock and roll. I can feel the little bit of weight on the truck, but it doesn't impact handling, nor does it have great impact on mileage.

So here are a few more photos

11633137264_64ab923626.jpg

11632745055_c531a3195f.jpg

11633527096_4145ebc0fc.jpg

11633527176_74ff7d867b.jpg
Looks nice Steve.Check out the thread "gutters".I found that material on line and plan to get 15' to use on each side of the front 7.5'per side.
Yeh I would like to see that as a factory install.
Frank

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Frank, thanks for the reminder! I think I'm going for 15 of gutter, too.
I plan to put mine on the side of the top,not on the flat roof.Don't know how well it will stick.I have seen the material at Camping World.
The link I put up is the place to get it.There you can get different lengths,and have it sent USPS at $4 or so.
Frank

Looking sweet!
Congratulations and welcome to the FWC family. I just put my Finch on my truck as I'm heading out on the 1st. Any idea where your first travels will be?

Back
Top Bottom