Chrysler closing dealerships

WHEW..My dealer isn't on the list..and he's less than 3 miles away. Can't wait to see the new 2010 CTD Fiats :eek:

My local dealership is on the list. That means the closest Chrysler dealership is now at least 2.5 hours away.

Ummm, is this a problem for you? You drive a Ford.:confused:

Ummm, is this a problem for you? You drive a Ford.:confused:

Well what I was also going to say, which I didn't out of sensitivity to our Fiat owners, is that whew, I'm sure glad I decided to get a Ford. I almost bought a Dodge.

OK, so it starts again......You don't need Dodge dealer close by....I agree you need a close Ford dealer. My Fiat has only been to the dealer for routine service..I could do that myself but am too damn lazy..

Next.....

I did a true international project today.
I installed a set of american manufactured german shocks on an hecho en mexico italian truck.

Dick

i did a true international project today.
I installed a set of american manufactured german shocks on an hecho en mexico italian truck.

Dick

did you have chinese food for dinner?

Buy American

I don’t think what kind of “American” truck you drive determines what kind of person you are.

We can all bitch about the economy all day and night long.

But,

To all those People that drive Trucks that are Japan based. “ America thanks you. ”
:confused:

????????

Tony, I'm not quite sure where you're are coming from, I'm lucky enough to have both an American made truck a Ford (with parts sourced from every where you could think of) I also have a Toyota which was made in Calif. (again with parts from several countrys including the U.S.) I preach to by American made products as much as anybody I know, but when you don't build products that people want to buy, your business is going to suffer. American car mfg. is and has been very poorly managed, they got real used to giving us just about any kind of crap they wanted, and we bought it. Then along came Toyota and everybody who drove a Buick said "who the hell would want that little piece of s%$t" , well I just don't think you can blame the Japanese for our failures, or the people who buy their products. Now their talking about giving people what they want, it's too late. It ought to make you happy to know that G.M.s plan for recovery is to build cars in China, Dude, we threw the whole deal away, paid the top management of these cos. untold millions to do it, I just wonder if we learned anything from it.

I don’t think what kind of “American” truck you drive determines what kind of person you are.

We can all bitch about the economy all day and night long.

But,

To all those People that drive Trucks that are Japan based. “ America thanks you. ”
:confused:

I'll agree with the buy American thing, but I can tell you I'd rather buy a Japanese truck made in America than a US truck made in Mexico.

Buy American

I personally know that years ago while covering customer surveys for GM their were no bad surveys turned in. Well the customer surveys were from the dealerships and not the end consumer. GM was not listening to the American public. While American rigs were not progressing the Japanese seen the void and filled it.

Last year I decided to get rid of my brand new Tacoma double cab 4X4. I even got the Toyota family discount. The truck was OK at most and for the gas mileage to be as good as a full size GM truck was disappointing. I’ve had Six Toyotas and my share of Dodge, Ford, and GM trucks. I agree that parts for American rigs are built overseas and this is another part of the problem. If parts were built in the US how many jobs would that sustain. Probably Millions!

Now I try to Buy American. Well that’s impossible. I drive a commuter car that’s German and most goods from the store are made outside the US.

But when it comes to trucks I buy American.

No mater how much the American auto industry changes, if we don’t buy one of their products IT WILL NEVER GET BETTER.

Buy American. That’s why I bought a FWC.

AbaloneTony

Back
Top Bottom