Clicking sound

Dirt Rider

When my truck is running I hear a clicking sound coming from the drivers side of the camper, is that the system recharging the house battery?

Most likely your camper batteries are really really low. Best to plug the camper in overnight. And recharge from shore power. Leaving the master kill switch pulled out (on). Otherwise the camper battery(s) might not recharge on their own.

That’s your system “trying “ to charge the house batteries.

The stock isolator can’t handle a deeply discharged house battery. Stan’s suggestion is a great short term fix. longer term is upgraded wiring between the truck and camper and a better isolator, like the Blue Sea 7622

BTW, I'm running 8 gauge to the system from the truck, do you guys not think thats enough?

i used 2g. That's likely overkill. 4 g has worked well for others, and is what i would use next time. 6 g should be ok, 8g seems a little thin, but check the voltage loss with the expected current dump ...

You MAY be totally fine w 8g and a better isolator.

It can be becuase of camper batteries being low. Try changing the camper.

I am having the same problem. I have 2 115 amp 12v batteries and a sure power 1314a battery isolator. I think it’s 6 gauge wire I ran from my battery. I am finding that when I disconnect 1 battery in my camper, the isolator works as it’s supposed to and stays connected, but when I reconnect my second battery it starts disconnecting. Anyone else have an idea?

schuster.seth said:
I am having the same problem. I have 2 115 amp 12v batteries and a sure power 1314a battery isolator. I think it’s 6 gauge wire I ran from my battery. I am finding that when I disconnect 1 battery in my camper, the isolator works as it’s supposed to and stays connected, but when I reconnect my second battery it starts disconnecting. Anyone else have an idea?
What Patrick said. To test, hook up JUST the second battery and see how it does, or have them tested separately.

Back
Top Bottom