Climbing 14er's in Colorado

carld

My brother a I just got back from a week in the San Juan's in Colorado. We had a great weather window, some nights it got down in the 30's where we were above 10,000 ft. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• UncompahgreTrailhead.jpg
    UncompahgreTrailhead.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 168
  • AmericanBasin.jpg
    AmericanBasin.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 173
  • SanLewisPeak.jpg
    SanLewisPeak.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 133
  • RedCloudandSunshinePeaks.jpg
    RedCloudandSunshinePeaks.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 141
  • WetterhornTrailhead.jpg
    WetterhornTrailhead.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 153
  • WhetterhornPeak.jpg
    WhetterhornPeak.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 139
  • UmcompahgrePeak.jpg
    UmcompahgrePeak.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 152
  • WetterhornTrailhead.jpg
    WetterhornTrailhead.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 144
My hobby is photographing the Milkyway. This picture is at near the Uncompahgre Peak trailhead.

Attachments

• Milkywayat11000ft.jpg
    Milkywayat11000ft.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 115
Nice time in the San Juans! We did Handies from the opposite side. Red Cloud and Sunshine is a nice walk, isn't it? The Wetterhorn is one of our favorites to date. We did Wetterhorn and Umcompahgre the same date from the Matterhorn Creek trailhead. Might get back that way next summer and top out on a few more. Do you have a photo of the ledges to the top of the Wetterhorn?

We climbed San Lewis, Handies, Redcloud with Sunshine, the Wetterhorn and Uncompahgre. Which completes all the San Juan's for me. I've finished the Elk's and all but Culebra in the Sangre de Cristo's. We went to Antero but there were too many people and ATRs and the road was blocked by a wrecker retrieving a Toyota that went off the road. We looked at Princeton but it looked boring so we called it quits until later this fall.

Awesome!! thanks for posting , love that area and can't wait to take my fwc out there...

Back
Top Bottom