CO vs NCO

jwd

hi all,
in the process of deciding on my 1st slide on camper rig; but after reading some posts / looking at the picture gallery was wondering why one would choose a NCO over a CO model as the CO offers more space, etc....
thanks
-jd

Good One Chnlisle.
Its pobably because CO's are more expensive and there are less of them around tham the cheaper NCO's. I would have liked a CO Alaskan but in the east i have never seen one for sale.
Cheers,
Kevin.

We have a NCO model and have learned to adjust how we move inside. Rule #1. Only 1 person stands at a time. Rule #2. When you are dressed, get out of the way so the other person has room to get dressed. Instead of putting excess gear and bedding on the CO section, you have to roll the sleeping bags and put them in the truck so you have room to erect the table. Kind of difficult at first, but it makes for a neat and tidy looking camper inside.

The bottom line is this. If I had a larger capacity truck, I would have a CO.

Mike

Well I was an NCO and My CO was a jerk.

My CO had his bunker gassed :LOL: Can't get away with too much crap when your in a forward area.

Not having a cabover would be very difficult when traveling with multiple dogs :eek:

My CO had his bunker gassed :LOL: Can't get away with too much crap when your in a forward area.

Not having a cabover would be very difficult when traveling with multiple dogs :eek:

hi all,
thanks for the replys;
previous miiltary comments non withstanding; sounds like the CO is the way to go...
I'm trying to keep the footprint of my vehical small(er)... am going w/ a ford f350 deisel 8 foot bed..was hoping to get by w/ a single cab ..is this a good idea w/ a co 8 foot..maybe 10 foot co alaskan camper..or will the cab over protrude to much forward w/ a single cab. Once again- thanks for yer advice !
best regards,
-jd

Hi JD, check out Fisher 205's pics in show your Alaskan he has a 10' CO Alaskan on a regular cab it looks great.This will give you a good idea of the overhang. I have an F350 crew cab it does not look as good but i like the extra storage space.
Cheers,
Kevin.

Thanks Kevin --- thats a big help..am thinking the 8 foot bed w/ 10' cabover w/ the utiity box option to store extra stuff could be the ticket !

Fisher205-- thats a sweet rig set up! ..am wondering if you got the standard overhead camper or the optional additional 10 inch extended overhang model on your single cab truck-- am really hoping o keep my vehical footprint small(er) w/ a single cab truck..

thanks
-jd

Thanks Kevin --- thats a big help..am thinking the 8 foot bed w/ 10' cabover w/ the utiity box option to store extra stuff could be the ticket !

Fisher205-- thats a sweet rig set up! ..am wondering if you got the standard overhead camper or the optional additional 10 inch extended overhang model on your single cab truck-- am really hoping o keep my vehical footprint small(er) w/ a single cab truck..

thanks
-jd

jd,
Thanks for the compliment. Sorry I haven't been checking in much lately. I like having the extra 2 feet in the camper and It doesnt't seem to hurt the depature angle. I have been thinking about getting an NCO because I think they wouldn't leak as much cold air in the winter. Maybe just an Alaskan in better shape would be the answer.
Brad

CO's are the way to go but the early models leaked a little and if they were left outside to the weather they degraded quickly...if you can find a 10'CO in Arizona or New Mexico which has been stored inside....WINNER....cha ching

you may have to give a bit for it though :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom