Coat Hooks

RC Pilot Jim

Now I'm researching coat hooks. Was thinking about a folding " L " or " U " that could be mounted on the wood panel (on passenger side rear next to the mirror that supports the roof (After it is deployed). Mounted with two bolts and swivels to the side when the top is lowered.

I was at Mimi's restaurant and noticed a coat "hangar" with three hooks that swiveled flat out of the way when not needed.

Does anyone have one that they like and can share some pictures ? Thanks.

I bought some plastic hooks that you put the double sticky tape on and mount where you want them. I put one on the lift panel by the back door but use it to hold a plastic grocery bag for the trash. I put this on in a location that is safe when the roof is down. But then I put velcro on the back of one and press it against the velcro built in for the artic insulation that is an add-on and put my coat on that hook. I have about 3 that I can put up if needed. Danger is that it needs to come out before you latch the roof down.

I like your idea better Jim but figured I would mention this. I can't remember where I got the idea. Probably was on a post here.

Steve

I use various hooks in that area that I hold in place by pinching part of them between the two boards of the roof support system. I had hoped to use suction cup hooks but they don't hold unless pinched into place.

I use these- made for use on wire shelving. Got them at a local organization products store. They hook over the lifting panel and work great for coats, towels, etc.

Screen shot 2013-12-16 at 7.09.07 PM.png

I use a variety of 'Command' hooks available at your local hardware store. The hooks can support a lot of weight, and if you want to relocate one it's a simple matter to do, and no trace left behind. Alcohol-wipe-dry your intended surface beforehand, then apply. I'm a believer based on lots of experience with these hooks. Good luck with whatever you choose...

When we had the FWC we used wall hooks with webbing folded over the top and sewn with velcro on the back to stick to the arctic pack velcro. Worked great. Search "Velcro Hooks" and see the thread "Interior Fwc Shoots" started by erod.

DLN said:
When we had the FWC we used wall hooks with webbing folded over the top and sewn with velcro on the back to stick to the arctic pack velcro. Worked great. Search "Velcro Hooks" and see the thread "Interior Fwc Shoots" started by erod.
This Link, I believe

Thank you DLN, RicoV and Ski (for the assist). The Velcro hooks are very creative.

RicoV - Do you have a picture of the "command hooks" in use? Do they attach to the wood holding up the rear of the roof?

The problem with the Command hooks or anything else that just sticks to wood structures in a FWC is that they can easily pull off the paper coating on the plywood used to make the plywood look pretty. This has happened to me both on the lift panels and the sink/stove panels. I solved the problem on the lift panels by using small bolts that screw into small T-nuts that I maneuvered behind the lower lift panel when it was slightly pulled out.

I've attached command hooks to all the various surfaces in my camper, and haven't had a problem removing and relocating the hooks. They never have left a mark or residue as long as the sticky adherence strip was removed as per the instructions. That said, it seems the previous poster has had a few issues with his, so I guess 'buyer beware' is advisable.

I went to Home Depot and bought one "over the cabinet single hook" by Liberty $3.97. Using a vice changed its shape from a "U" to a "V". glued on velcro (male) on outside. (female-fuzzy on inside. Pulled thermal wrap away from the end and threaded the hook into place. It holds a jacket and sweat suit (pictured). see pictures.

gallery_2684_425_9071.jpg

View of hook and velcro...
gallery_2684_425_2255.jpg

Now I need to test it in the field, and update my " buildout post".

Another variation on a theme: I just cut a square of velcro, bent a small hook from a piece of coat hanger and stick it to the velcro strip used to hold the thermal pack in place. However my great fear is that I will forget to take it off when closing up the camper! Forgetting is becoming a more regular part of my experience!

image.jpgimage.jpg

That's a good idea, but I like to …………. (never mind I forgot what I was posting)
Wander the West, sometimes I feel like I'm just wandering.
Don't sweat the small stuff, just don't forget to make a difference.

RC Pilot Jim said:
I went to Home Depot and bought one "over the cabinet single hook" by Liberty $3.97. Using a vice changed its shape from a "U" to a "V". glued on velcro (male) on outside. (female-fuzzy on inside. Pulled thermal wrap away from the end and threaded the hook into place. It holds a jacket and sweat suit (pictured). see pictures.

gallery_2684_425_9071.jpg

View of hook and velcro...
gallery_2684_425_2255.jpg

Now I need to test it in the field, and update my " buildout post".
This post and others on this thread are good candidate for Low Cost Mods :)

"This post and others on this thread are good candidate for Low Cost Mods :)"

I agree, there are some clever and nicely simple ideas here, and throughout the entire site for that matter!

I used a metal strip about 1 1/4 inches wide and 16 inches long screwed to the roof with removable magnetic hooks. Works great , hooks will hold about 8 pounds

Back
Top Bottom