Coffee maker?

d tree's

What is everyone using ? , I thought about a 12v but haven't been able to find one with good reviews on the trucker websites, then saw this one at Wallmart but seems pretty big http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Coffeemaker/10299012?wmlspartner=GPA&sourceid=44444444440231947482

so what is the best one you have found thanks guys ,D

I've tried lots of different coffee solutions. For the past 15 years or so, I've made drip filter coffee. I've got a filter holder that fits right on top of a thermos or my travel mug. I can make from one to four generous mugs of coffee easily. I'm pretty darned happy with this set up.

I am from the old school...

images

Farberware Yosemite

I've found percolators to be messy with a lot of cleanup for what should be a simple operation. I've settled on the french press as the best option.

French press and drip cone is my choice for car camping. I will use instant when I am hiking and I found the Nescafe to be the choice of freeze dried. Has anyone tried that Starbucks instant?

Just add one of these, hot water & Bailey's to a travel mug and voila! -

coffee-folgers-classicroast-singles-regular-box.jpg

I don't drink Folgers at home, but I use these in camp - simple, quick & no mess.

Mellitta guys are you talking about stove top? Most of the time I will be on 12 volt or stove http://shop.melitta.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=64+0446&Cat=

I tried Starbucks instant coffee this last week while on vacation and was surprised how tasty this stuff is. Fast and easy to prepare this coffee also.

In the camper I use a plastic-cone/paper-filter into my travel mug using water heated in a tea kettle on the stove. This works fine for one or two.
IMHO this is the least-messy option (not counting instant) since the disposable filter (which contains the grounds) is all that get significantly dirty -- no french-press screen to clean even.

I have been using a press on my jetboil which is fast but limited quantity. I also am using a Coleman drip, it is just like you electric drip at home except you put it over the burner. Of course it is metal :D makes a full pot. Not real fast and rather big but good if you want a good dose of caffeine.

Mellitta guys are you talking about stove top? Most of the time I will be on 12 volt or stove http://shop.melitta.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=64+0446&Cat=

I just bring along the plastic cone, the paper cones (number 2) and boil enough water to fill my big, stainless mug. I then set the cones over the mug (or a small thermos) and drip the coffee directly into the container. Then toss the paper cone and grounds.

Just add one of these, hot water & Bailey's to a travel mug and voila! -

coffee-folgers-classicroast-singles-regular-box.jpg

I don't drink Folgers at home, but I use these in camp - simple, quick & no mess.

I like the coffee bags for backpacking and have used them for years.

We used to have a couple of the 12V coffee makers at FWC for sale when I first started here.

I still have an older one out in the garage that used to be in my personal camper.

I would NOT recommend one personally.

They use ALOT of 12v power and take forever to make the smallest cup of coffee.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Save your money for something a bit better.

If you are ever coming to the Woodland area, just me know in advance. I can bring mine in and you can have it for free if you want it. I don't think I will ever use it.

Maybe best to stick with some of the other suggestions people have posted.

Good coffee in the morning is top priority.

:)

Don't bother with 12v. Tried the coleman, its okay, but slow and much too bulky. I'm happy with my Moka Express.

http://www.bialetti.com/BialettiUSA.htm

Small, fast and makes good coffee though more on the espresso side.

A french press or a melita is the way to go. I have a lexan french press... I think coleman makes a stainless steel one that looks even beter.

We used to have a couple of the 12V coffee makers at FWC for sale when I first started here.

I still have an older one out in the garage that used to be in my personal camper.

I would NOT recommend one personally.

They use ALOT of 12v power and take forever to make the smallest cup of coffee.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Save your money for something a bit better.

If you are ever coming to the Woodland area, just me know in advance. I can bring mine in and you can have it for free if you want it. I don't think I will ever use it.

Maybe best to stick with some of the other suggestions people have posted.

Good coffee in the morning is top priority.

:)

Stan next time I need a Clamato im there ;) ,,, I will pass on the 12 volt :LOL: ,D

I just bring along the plastic cone, the paper cones (number 2) and boil enough water to fill my big, stainless mug. I then set the cones over the mug (or a small thermos) and drip the coffee directly into the container. Then toss the paper cone and grounds.

I think I may give this one a try , sure take up the least amount of space and prolly be the fastest , Melitta has the "Ready Set Joe Travel Mug 1-Cup Manual Black" 8.99 ,D

http://shop.melitta.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=64+013&Cat=

Back
Top Bottom