Coffee maker?

Fresh ground beans (Steaming Bean from Telluride roasts THE best bean in colorado, IMO)
Demerera sugar
Table cream

and one of these.......... (I use one here at home everyday as well as when camping. In fact, I'm slurpin coffee from it right now. You can really make a nice/strong cup of joe in one of these)

Attachments

• bigskybistro.jpg
    bigskybistro.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 344
Fresh ground beans (Steaming Bean from Telluride roasts THE best bean in colorado, IMO)
Demerera sugar
Table cream

and one of these.......... (I use one here at home everyday as well as when camping. In fact, I'm slurpin coffee from it right now. You can really make a nice/strong cup of joe in one of these)

I agree completely... except for the sugar part.

Don't bother with 12v. Tried the coleman, its okay, but slow and much too bulky. I'm happy with my Moka Express.

http://www.bialetti.com/BialettiUSA.htm

Small, fast and makes good coffee though more on the espresso side.

Yes, Mr Mumbles (ha, ha, ho, ho), I also have espresso makers along for when I have extra time for a longer breakfast. A good strong espresso or a cafe Americano is hard to beat!

1. Home roasted coffee beans less than one week old.

behmor_1600_3.jpg

2. Hand Crank Hario cofferr mill.

hario_skerton_ctrd.jpg

3. Drip coffee into stainless carafe.

filtercone6.jpg

Presto, best coffee in the world!

And for your green beans and supplies (and good reviews):

http://www.sweetmarias.com/index.php

Carlyle, how do you like your Behmor roaster? I'd experiment with roasting beans over a campfire, but I'm afraid I'd set the forest on fire with hot chaff
blink.gif

I use a SwissGold 300 one cup coffeemaker. However I am up for using a paper filter inside it when I am on the road--easier clean-up. Anyone have an ideal paper filter for the SwissGold?---check it out at:

http://www.amazon.com/Swissgold-300-One-Cup-Coffee-Filter/dp/B000G71J6G

Best to ya--I am a three cup man in the morning. I have been spoiled as my tennis club in SunRiver has free coffee everyday 6 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Highz,

The Behmor is the best roaster I have had out of four so far. I can roast pound to perfection in about twenty minutes and I'm done for the week. For longer trips, I roast more and go from there. Sweet Marias is a great website and where I buy all my beans and supplies.

It's tough to drink other coffee after you start roasting you own.

I think I may give this one a try , sure take up the least amount of space and prolly be the fastest , Melitta has the "Ready Set Joe Travel Mug 1-Cup Manual Black" 8.99 ,D

http://shop.melitta.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=64+013&Cat=

That should work fine. Like what I have: A # 2 cone but I use my own mug.

We've used the single cup Melitta filter holders for at least 20 years now, both at home and on the road. We drip into stainless steel thermal carafe mugs. We grind French roast beans at home but take it pre-ground with us on our travels. Water is precious when camping and wasting it to wash dishes save for a quick rinse of the coffee mug is something I don't do.

The filter holders cost all of $3. But be sure to get Melitta brand or those with only a single hole to drip through else you get weak coffee.

Just stumbled on this thread...What we've just started using is a new
"Aero Press". It's like a french press but uses a filter. It lowers
the acidity and IMHO makes a far better cup of coffee or expresso than
a standard French Press. It's plastic so not breakable. I now use one
at home and in the camper.

Attachments

• aero-1.jpg
    aero-1.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 499
  • aero2.jpg
    aero2.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 491
Ok. I like my "fancy" coffee. I became hooked on espresso and Moka coffee makers after a trip to Italy a few years back.

I use the Bialetti Moka six cup in the morning with frothed milk (frother is a stainless cup with the screen thing in it)
That gives me and the lady 3 shots each.

In the afternoon I used a Bialetti Brika - closer to espresso because of 1.5 bar pressure. I drink a shot or two straight up.
I use Lavazza espresso grind coffee which comes in bricks - easy storage.

Both coffee makers are aluminum alloy which means easy cleanup and durability. No filters or anything else to muck with.
The Moka isn't technically espresso, but it does have a really nice quality of flavor all its own. When dealing with Mokas and espresso coffee in general, the term "cup" means 1 shot.

Brikka in action on the road:

Man after seeing that I might have to trade in my press pot.

Bravo!

Cort

Yeah, I've been on the fence about getting one of those for quite awhile, think that just sent me over though.

I was looking for a manual coffee grinder (for camping -- I love my Capresso Infinity burr grinder at home) on the biggest online retailer, and one of the "related" products of the search was this Aerobie AeroPress.
There's a long and detailed explanation/description of why this is better than all other coffee-making approaches. 543 reviews with an average rating of 4.5/5 is what those users say, and it's under $30! So, I ordered one tonight.
Just wish I had paid attention to your recommendation a few days ago so I could have had my AeroPress to play with this weekend.
Thanks, Deltarat.
smile.gif

Now can anyone recommend their favorite manual/hand-crank coffee grinder?
(OK...I looked back a few posts and found one -- thanks Carlyle
smile.gif
)

I too like the Molita #2 into my travel mug. I also picked up a JetBoil stove thingy, boils in about 1 minute. Since I always have the windows open I'm comfortable using it in the camper. I fire it off and by the time I get the bed unmade it's ready to pour through. As I'm doing that I'm also dropping the top of the camper so I've got coffee ready when I'm ready to head out. I usually eat breakfast an hour or so out from camp. Posted from Valemont BC

Demerera sugar
Table cream

Any advice on clean up? I bought a french press just for camping but went back to a paper filter to keep coffee grounds in one place.

Thanks for the tip. I have read up on aero and am about to order one. Sounds perfect for my needs.

Any advice on clean up? I bought a french press just for camping but went back to a paper filter to keep coffee grounds in one place.

I just slosh some water around in the cup (the plastic tasting stuff in the holding tank works great for this) and give em a good heave. A few rinses will get it clean enough to go again.

Back
Top Bottom