Pulldown from 110°F to 0°F 4 4.5 3.5 3.2 3 1.4
Weight (lbs) 35.3 42 33 53 32.5 32.5
Power req (freeze mode)* (amps) 3.1 6.3 3.5 3.3 3 2.1
Power req (freeze mode)** (amps) 1.7 6.4 1.6 2.5 1.1 0.8
Warranty (year) 1 1 1 1 1 1
Retail ($) $649.00 $699.00 $695.00 $799.00 $599.00 $1,415.00
*Freezer Mode @ SS @ 110°F
** Freezer Mode @ SS @ 72°F

Here is the link, big cooler discussion.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f115/coleman-stirling-power-coolers-12685-3.html

The size is rather small, but I used it for a 12 day trip with a 45qt Yeti cooler and we were just fine. It is just right for my needs and budget. -joel

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=5726-750

The coleman website says the stirling is no longer available. Anyone here know why?

They have not been available from Coleman in a while. Not sure why. I am happy with mine. Not many left on Ebay, if you want one, you better hurry.

This looks like a very nice portable fridge, does anyone have a picture of the freezer compartment? How is the noise when it's running?
Thanks
Alex

The noise is not bad, it does put out a low "hum". I am used to sleeping in hotels so the noise doesnt bother me. Here is a link to a pic. lid Ebay has only 9 left, I wouldnt wait.

Question: Does your Coleman Stirling's fan operate continuously, or intermittently? I have had mine plugged in at home for a week and the fan has run the whole time.

P.S.: I sent an email to customer service. The reply stated the cooler was discontinued because of low sales volume.

Mark,
From what I read the Stirling cooler will run constantly, it will draw very little power once it reaches the set temperature. I read the on the internet though. :LOL:

Alex

Thanks for the info, guys. Yep, it maintains temp fine; I just don't understand why the fan needs to run when the compressor isn't cycling. I won't mess w/ it (for a while)...

Thanks for the info, guys. Yep, it maintains temp fine; I just don't understand why the fan needs to run when the compressor isn't cycling. I won't mess w/ it (for a while)...

Just an updated product review. I used mine for a weekend, then a week trip, and now 2+ weeks into a month long trip. I need to figure the best way to organize the food I throw in there but the machine works great. Perfectly steady temperature and seems to be minimal draw but I am usually 75w of solar to keep the batteries happy. No worries about food going bad or getting wet or having to be level and making sure it is still running. rarely have I been plugged in on this trip but last night I had AC but forgot to even switch it over, doesn't mind. I like the thing!

I just want to know where I can pick one up? Seems like a great product thats terribly hard to track down...Any suggestions??- Thanks-

I just want to know where I can pick one up? Seems like a great product thats terribly hard to track down...Any suggestions??- Thanks-

Bought mine off of Amazon. It really is a great unit.

marc

You can run the refer for weeks on propane, rain or shine, sun or shade.

I'd say months rather than weeks honestly.

On a side note. My good friend Ike likes to drive around with the refer on propane. Recently he was told this was dangerous. Pulling into a gas station with a open flame is not the best idea. Let alone careening down the highway with a small propane fire in your camper. But so far so good. Hope this helps.

Mike

I believe the large motor homes do just this though. I think we had a discussion about it a while back.

My personal thoughts are driving around I see absolutely no issue with a shielded small flame. At a gas station I wouldn't go spraying gas of the vents or anything but there isn't the vapor concentration in the air for imminent combustion as there are plenty of other ignition sources on vehicles that would have stations blowing up left and right. That said I wouldn't run this type of setup if the fridge was located directly over the gas cap on my particular vehicle just to be on the safer side but I don't loose sweat with it 4' away.

Bought mine off of Amazon. It really is a great unit.

marc

There is a used one on Ebay right now.http://cgi.ebay.com/coleman-stirling-cooler-freezer-/120622955276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c15b03b0c#ht_500wt_955

Back
Top Bottom