Colonoscopy

With my wife being an RN at an Endo Center and having been diagnosed pre-Barrett's Syndrome I get a "U-Turn" every 5 years, like it or not.

The prep was the worst for me. FWIW if you blend the prep agent, do it with something that you're not fond of to start with because you for sure won't want any more for quite a while.

Bill, thanks for starting the thread. It's good information. I had my second procedure a few months ago.

A comment about insurance companies, in particular group insurance. It's often not the insurance company, but rather the employer group that sets the terms of the policy. The insurer just enforces the terms of the contract, and takes the heat when things don't seem logical. When there is a requirement for something like blood in the stool, I recommend having a conversation with your primary care physician about getting authorization for medical necessity.

I am a retiree from the Blue plans, and while insurers can be tone deaf, the usually want to do the right thing.

I'm 64 - had it done for first time a few months ago - dr said 'see ya in 7 years'. Not one part of the whole ordeal was as bad as I imagined it would be. Yes, I say get r done. Better to be safe than sorry.

Without a camper on the truck anymore and only adventuring being to my own little creek side "camp"... there hasn't been much to say...

Then I saw this topic and felt a part of the crowd again.

My experience wasn't so "fun". To make a long story shorter, I basically asked for the double, got the run around, WARNED them I have used some good drugs in the past and have always been the guy who had to take 2 when everyone else was taking only 1...

Either way...they gave me all the drugs they could give me without calling the anesthesia guy.

It wasn't enough. You may THINK you wanna see Mr. Smiley eat the plastic tube...but you are wrong.

For me it was one huge "F" word...with "Are you F'n kidding me?" being one of my more popular phrases (I wanted too say "**** me" but they were already doing that)

Needless to say...when the torture was over my doc felt really badly...and I got to tell the nurse who shot me up and was so cavalier///as if I didn't know what I was talking about when speaking about my own body that she needed to put her ego aside and actually LISTEN to what the person on the gurney is saying once in awhile.

Then ,my doc wrote in RED on my chart "NEEDS ANESTHESIA for future procedures"

Fortunately....I'm on the 10 year plan. (though I may go ahead and go cus the job/kushy insurance package are gonna end within a year)

As far as residual effects and trouble truckin right....nothing compared to the vasectomy (another topic, perhaps? LOL)

be well all

Well Clear liquid diet today and the poo juice tonight. Not looking forward to that.

idahoron said:
Well Clear liquid diet today and the poo juice tonight. Not looking forward to that.
The truth and poo juice will set you free. Hopefully you will be a perfect A-hole.

My wife took the clear liquids/Jello with no red, purple, orange admonition seriously. So she ate mostly Blueberry Jello. The blue color apparently remained and when mixed with yellow bile created a bright green interior decoration color scheme. The Dr. provided her with color glossy photos for proof. At least, he had a sense of humor about it as he questioned her diet.

Paul

They say to eat a light meal afterwards. Heck with that, I stuffed myself silly. No ill effects.

idahoron said:
the poo juice is making me sick to my stomach after only 5 dose's.
5 doses, you got the wrong stuff! Moviprep or Suprep. A lot less of the stuff and then just drink a lot of water. Dr said not all insurance covers them, she said may be worth paying the $80 rather than take the gallon of goo. Note my blue cross covered 100%

billharr said:
.... Moviprep or Suprep. A lot less of the stuff and then just drink a lot of water. Dr said not all insurance covers them, she said may be worth paying the $80 rather than take the gallon of goo. Note my blue cross covered 100%
It's been a few years, but as I recall I was prescribed Suprep. I remember when I filled the prescription the pharm-tech/clerk said I was lucky my insurance covered it because it's expensive. I also remember that drinking it wasn't bad...despite friends' warnings. So I guess I guess my doc gave me a break, prep-wise.

I just took the stuff Kaiser gave me. I didn't even know there were alternatives. They sure never mentioned it.

I got up at 3:30 to try to get more down. I threw up once last night and quit since the pipes were running water. 8 oz every 10 to 15 minutes for 3 hours is hell.

The hospital said they would not do a "conscious sedation" like the insurance company wanted. They told me they would only bill for the "conscious sedation" but I was knocked out. I was also told I have a Hiatal Hernia when they went in the top side. All in all I feel good thanks for the well wishes.

Back
Top Bottom