Communication with Four wheel camper

nico

Advanced Member
I was wondering if anyone has been able to contact 4 wheel camper in woodland? I ask bc I have made 3 or 4 attempts to contact them regarding the grandby flatbed I ordered and have had no response. I have emailed and called my salesman multiple times over the past two months ....nothing. I have called the main number , no answer, left multiple messages explaining who I am and that i have some additions to make for my camper...nothing. maybe they are so busy they have stretched themselves so thin theres no time to take care of their customers? Well i can only speculate, but It sure makes me nervous about spending the amount of money I am and the future relationship with a company that blatanly refuses to call back their customers. Hoping someone might have some insight for me.

Try Stan.....he has been very responsive over the years...

Stan Kennedy <Stan@fourwh.com>

Hey, like everything else it can always be blamed on Covid...

These posts are always a bit concerning to me as a new customer as well. My dealer has been super responsive throughout the whole process the past 7mos but the fact FWC seems to lack customer service worries me for sure.

It is very rare for Parts and Service to call me back. The last time Stan called me back instead of Parts. He apologized and said that he was calling me back because they have been overwhelmed. I love Stan, but this issue has been ongoing for a while and it seems like they should have been able to fix this by now. I'm sure that COVID hasn't helped and everyone seems to be looking for employees these days. Communication is really important and before the current ownership took over the company they were really responsive. That has seriously changed.
I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have put down a deposit and then not be able to get someone on the phone.

I feel y’all’s pain. We ordered ours right before Covid hit, found out through trying to contact our dealer that he was closing shop and we were left scratching our heads wondering if we should just cancel the whole thing. We ended up having some “issues” about the delivery and install locations and in the end FWC did end up coming through to our satisfaction.
The way I understand it is Stan is “sales and marketing” and then you have the service department, whom has ultimately been the ones that delivered for us. But! What you don’t have is a “Customer Service” department nor a customer service manager to help try and keep the customers and the department happy. If it does exist it is a well kept secret!

Never had a problem hearing back from FWC. We purchased through the Wisconsin Dealer in 2014. Very responsive. Over the years. I have reached out to Woodland and have always received an email reply. I ordered a fridge fan, replacement propane alarm, extra bungee, turnbuckle, and a few other items through Aaron ( I believe he has left). I have scheduled appointments with RMFWC/Juniper Overland, Arvada, CO for upgrades and Josh and I have had a great line of communication. It is my understanding they just hired a couple woman in customer service, but judging from another post a person expected immediate answers and was less than nice. They are short handed and have struggled to hire additional workers. Covid is an issue and will remain one well into next year. With that said I would reach out to Stan. Share with him what you have gone through and tell him your sales person has been non-responsive. Stan has always been responsive to me. In fact I just heard back from him. I had a question about replacing the GFI outlet. Good Luck. Keep the faith.

I just ordered some parts for my 2013 Fleet. Took a couple of days for Brenda from the service department to respond to my email. I had no problems and their service was excellent. Suggest using email vice trying to call.

Hey thanks for the replies. Ya I’m not happy that they totally ghosted me after I signed up. Hopefully the rest of my experience goes better. Anyhow I will contact Stan.

I really don't think this problem is Covid related. I ordered my camper in 2018 and picked it up in October 2018. When I initially placed my order I did so because of the reputation FWC had earned being responsive to customers. Most of my understanding of the nature of the company was from what I read on this list. Immediately after I placed my order and they cashed my downpayment check, FWC went radio silent on me. I did get the camper ultimately and have been happy with it. That is except for when I had the AT Jerry can holder installed. My local dealer absolutely botched up the install and damaged the interior of the camper. What bothered me the most is they knew they had made a mistake but they didn't even tell me. I had to find the damage myself the next time I was cleaning the interior of the camper.

I guess I need to clarify my comment. My main communication with them has been about the furnace and this last time was complete radio silence.
the first communication was about the wiring. I bought a shell and was installing my own solar and the video did not match what was in the camper. It wasn’t until I called and talked to Aaron that I got the answers. (At that time he said the video was old and needed to be taken down)
Aaron also helped me with my initial furnace issues and told me if I find my “alterations” didn’t work to contact him again. I did, both him and Stan. It wasn’t until after several emails that I called. I didn’t know Aaron was no longer there until reading this today. I think Stan is just tired of hearing about the furnace. But then so am I.
also we do not have a dealer so FWC is our only recourse.

My take is that FourWheel is dedicating all their experienced people to manufacturing to meet the tremendous increase in demand. So, I just figured if something went wrong or broke I would have to figure it out myself. We take our rig into very challenging locations with lots of dust, washboards and rocky tracks. Things break or go out of alignment. My repair list so far, which I am happy to say are all done or modded to avoid the problem:

- stopper on the silverware drawer fell off -- fixed with a slightly longer bolt. less than $1
- plastic fridge door lock broke -- fixed by use of a cargo bar (~$40) between fridge and cabinet. I can watch it in the rear view mirror and if it slips, then I can put it back in place. So far only happened once.
- rear led orange light stopped working. Cleaned it out with electronic component cleaner and it works fine now.
- one of the awning attachments broke. Ordered and installed a new part from fiamma in florida. (~$20, including shipping)
- water manifold sprung a leak. Ordered a new one from amazon and installed it -- in the process I learned taking the front off the cabinet was no big deal. (~$13)
- water pump would not pump. Watched 4 YouTubes and learned how to take it apart, inspect it, clean it and such. Now works fine.
- did not like the furnace thermostat, was not very sensitive. Installed a new one which work better. ($20)
- screen on back door split. Fixed with screen tape. ($5)
- also check all screws for tightness on and around the door and lock mechanism. They will work loose and need to be tightened.

I guess I bought the darn thing, it is up to me to troubleshoot and maintain it.

Strange to me that you're having problems. I just got off the phone to them because I had a question. They transferred me over to one of the service technicians. The number I call is 530-666-1442. I live nearby and when I took my camper in a few weeks ago tI could see they're super busy. It was hard to get an appointment anytime soon. Keep trying. Good luck.

I too have never had a reply from them.. Multiple emails and calls. Multiple times over the past year. Never a response. One time as a test I emailed their sales department w/ a presales fake question and received a reply almost immediately. But, that same email address ignored the other 10 'help request' type emails I sent.

It's so bad that if I didn't already have one, I would not give them my business. I've never had such poor customer service anywhere.. It's so bad that it seems like it must be a directive from the higher ups at the company.. Because any decent human, even sales people, would make a quick reply or forward the email on to the correct department.. Unless told not to.

They need to hire more help! Like others have said.. Just a couple people to make a 'customer support department' would be all that is necessary. Their prices have increased. Should be able to hire a couple extra people.

Stan always replies, but I feel like he is a last resort for only the most critical questions.. Don't want to make their only helpful employee unhappy!

wicked1 said:
I too have never had a reply from them.. Multiple emails and calls. Multiple times over the past year. Never a response. One time as a test I emailed their sales department w/ a presales fake question and received a reply almost immediately. But, that same email address ignored the other 10 'help request' type emails I sent.

It's so bad that if I didn't already have one, I would not give them my business. I've never had such poor customer service anywhere.. It's so bad that it seems like it must be a directive from the higher ups at the company.. Because any decent human, even sales people, would make a quick reply or forward the email on to the correct department.. Unless told not to.

They need to hire more help! Like others have said.. Just a couple people to make a 'customer support department' would be all that is necessary. Their prices have increased. Should be able to hire a couple extra people.

Stan always replies, but I feel like he is a last resort for only the most critical questions.. Don't want to make their only helpful employee unhappy!

Hoping that Stan passes along these concerns to the FWC management.......

contacted stan and he replied immediately and very shortly after I heard from my sales guy who called me multiple times and left messages. Salesguy was really helpful answered all my questions and i feel much better about everything now.

On a positive note, I called them during the lunch hour last friday to ask a very detailed wiring question (did they run dedicated ground wires to the ground bus bar for the marker lights), and in less than 3 minutes the person had tracked down the answer (yes).

nico said:
contacted stan and he replied immediately and very shortly after I heard from my sales guy who called me multiple times and left messages. Salesguy was really helpful answered all my questions and i feel much better about everything now.
Glad this worked out for you. Contacting Stan if all else fails usually gets a response.
Maybe their sales team is overloaded.FWC always had a good reputation.

Covid has changed the way a lot of things used to be.

Frank

I’ve never had a problem with customer service of FWC in Woodland. In fact couple of weeks ago I had a question and Stan called me back within a work day or so and took the time to fully answer my question.

What I usually do is call and leave a quick voice mail with the issue and then let them know I’ll follow up with an email. I send the email with short clear description of the issue and say I left a voice mail. I think it makes it easier for them that way.

All I can say is I have been very pleased over the years with the customer service from all the employees and especially Stan.

I hope this helps.

Ron

I must say as a new future client of FWC. I have nothing but positive things to think and say about the Customer Service I have received from both my local dealer Sean in Wisconsin. And everyone who has replied to my multiple e-mails to FWC . THANKS TO ALL

Back
Top Bottom