Concern with the Bathroom/Toilet

Porter

Hello.

I like Alaskans but the DW is not a fan of the bathroom/toilet. She does not like that there is not much privacy, like a door, and when it is rotated, it sticks out. The ones I have looked at are all this design. Is anyone aware of an Alaskan, either new or used, that has more privacy, or even a door? Or perhaps someone has found a workaround for this?

Porter:

Mount some tracks up in the top of the camper ceiling right above the toilet area (careful to find the micro lams to screw into) and hang a curtain from there.....hospitals use these systems all the time for privacy.

https://www.curtain-tracks.com

All the best.

My 95’CO has two doors on the toilet closet so when on the toilet there is plenty of privacy if you need it.

Attachments

• 0019D08A-48F8-4838-950E-5AE124CC0394.jpeg
    0019D08A-48F8-4838-950E-5AE124CC0394.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 212
Green_Rino said:
My 95’CO has two doors on the toilet closet so when on the toilet there is plenty of privacy if you need it.

So the toilet does not need to swivel out every time?

The newer Thetford cassette toilets don’t have to be swiveled out because they sit back further. So you can close the closet doors without rotating the toilet. My 2020 is that way and I think they changed the toilet in the last couple of years. I think if you need more privacy the step out option or a curtain seem like the best options. I think you could do a curtain that uses carabiners to attach at two points, probably to the inside of the storage compartments maybe? You could also use some 3m command strip hooks to hook onto if you don’t want to drill mounts.

Back
Top Bottom