Condensation under mattress

robcc

Advanced Member
We've noticed condensation under the mattress on cold nights on our ATC bobcat due to temp differential of two people sleeping on the over cab section. We're thinking of bring 2x4 boards to insert for the morning to dry it out. Any other suggestions?

Hypervent is an approach some people take. It’s fairly popular with the boating people. Another is Dri Deck or Turtle Tile. Yet another is a thing called a Froli (sp) system. A search of this site should yield several discussions on the topic, though I can’t think of any in recent history.

Good luck.

Interesting solutions thanks. We have extended bed which slides in when not in use. How would these products work and not get hung up when the bed slides to overlap the portion over the cab?

My current camper doesn’t have that issue, but I will face it when I receive the new ATC. My plan is to leave a slight overlap so the slide is always under the Hypervent. I may not use Hypervent on the slide, since it’s not exposed to the external cold temps, and the cushions are removed when the slide is pushed in.

BTW, I’ll probably travel with the slide pulled out, with cushions in place.

Back
Top Bottom