converter fan running

Hollyburn

Hi There - I have a 2017 Fleet & I just got home from a trip & plugged the camper into shore power. The converter fan is running full time & I have a green blinking light that I can see behind the vent. I've unplugged & plugged it back in, thrown the breaker switch. It does turn off when I shut off the 12V master switch (silver knob) but I want the camper battery to charge so need this left on.

This has never happened before.

Any thoughts out there? Thanks in advance.

The meaning about flashing LED's is explained in the LED Indicator section here: https://www.iotaengineering.com/pplib/IQ4manual.pdf

The cooling fan is controlled by the internal temperature of the Iota and changes as the battery charges due to amps going to the battery and ambient termperature.

Time the flashing rate to determine the charger's state. As it is safe to leave the charger running indefinitely, leave it plugged in for several days and observe any changes.

Paul

As an added note, if this represents a change from past performance, check you batteries to be sure they are not in need of water if you have flooded cells or if old, that you do not have a battery that is failing to take a charge. In cases like those the converter may be working overtime in an attempt to bring the charge level up.

Back
Top Bottom