Converting to front opening window

DrJ

I purchased a Hawk over one year ago. I've learned since than there were several options that I wish I had ordered, but didn't.
I actually bought a show room model to save a few hundred bucks. But I couldn't change some options because of that.
One option I have always wanted was the sliding front window. I know it's not for everyone but I have a sliding window in my truck that I ordered even before I had the camper.
I remember riding around in the my dad's Siesta hard sided pop up camper as a kid. We would knock on the sliding window to talk or ask how much longer until we get there. I'm not so sure I'd have one of my kids ride back there now but would be helpful moving gear around.
Anyway, has anyone made this change?
I have the smaller 25-26 inch wide window and the slider is closer to 40 inches.
I've spoken with Brenda at FWC and they think it should work just fine. So I ordered the new size.
Has anyone else tried this?

I went to a place that had leer toppers for trucks. They had some sliding windows that fit my 2002 Hawk perfect. I paid $20 and put it in myself.
It was great. But my new truck doesn't have a sliding window :(

Randygirl,
Do you have a picture of the new window?
Could you PM me the name of the company?
If I could find a direct replacement that would be much easier than cutting open a bigger hole for the window.

I'll try a pic
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom