Cooked batteries

Just got back from a great extended weekend solar worked great, I ended up returning the two new batteries I had bought and hit up camping world for a new exide which they only had one in stock. We were gentle with the power consumption basically just running the fridge, solar had no problems keeping the one battery charged up everyday. So for some reason the Trimetric decided to stop working, when the two fried batteries were installed it was working and giving me the flashing low voltage signal. When I put in the new battery I have nothing from the Trimetric, hopefully I knocked something loose and just need to go back through the system and check everything (get to start that process tomorrow. Enough words on to some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5980.JPG
    IMG_5980.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5991.JPG
    IMG_5991.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_6031.JPG
    IMG_6031.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6070.JPG
    IMG_6070.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6108.JPG
    IMG_6108.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 117
Beach said:
I have to wonder if the battery shorted internally and the charge system is not the issue.
Beach, this actually makes sense but would it have fried both batteries? In the first picture I posted you can see where one of the batteries got really hot so much that it charred the linolium but the other battery didn't get as hot. Both batteries were verified to be bad though. Could one battery shorting cause them both to go bad?

Chips great pictures! Damn I miss the desert! Enjoy the time with your son...............they grow up so quickly; but he will remember your trips together.

Phil

Ps...kool looking pup

Back
Top Bottom