Cooking Inside Revisited

Quint

Advanced Member
Am I correct in understanding that the factory rv propane stoves in campers create less co because they of a two-stage regulator in the line between the tank and the stove as compared to if you used a portable camping stove inside the camper (with adequate ventilation)? I guess I am thinking that the flame of the stove is consuming oxygen and the flame is the same between the indoor and outdoor stoves, but this must not be the case. Could you explain why "outdoor" stoves and "indoor" stoves are designated as such? Is it because of the high pressure and low pressure regulator, because of different levels of producing co, or perhaps because of both of these conditions? I'm still considering installing a regulated indoor propane stove to my shell camper above the furnace and putting a T-connector between the furnace line and new stove, if I have the clearance under the counter on top of the furnace. Has anyone else done this? Do you have any pictures or advice? Thanks as usual.

Only difference I can think of would be the mounting. One thing to have a stove slide off a picnic table, quite another to have it fall off indoors. I don't think there'd be any difference in CO. Just remember its for cooking not heating.

cooking

well i really can't answer your question about the difference between "indoor" and "outdoor" heaters and stoves, i am curious though...but heres a pic of some good grub cooked in side...for what its worth :D!

Stoves

There is a huge difference in outdoor stoves compared to the indoor ones. The outdoor stoves put off a lot more CO than the indoor ones because they are not regulated in the same way. With the indoor stove you have the two stage regulator that is mounted in line with the propane tank and then there is another regulator in the stove itself. This cuts the CO production to almost nothing. Either stove is going to burn oxygen and that is why we tell you not to burn the stove unless you have the camper vented. There is a CO sensor in the camper just in case there is a failure with the regulators to warn you. I have never heard of the stove setting off a sensor so far but I do know that an outdoor stove will set it off quickly unless you have the camper well vented.

Bottom line is that is not safe to use an outdoor stove inside. I don't really care what precautions you take. It says outdoors for a reason. Also do not use a stove inside the camper that is not secured in some way. That is just asking for an accident to happen. If you still insist on doing so, just remember where the that big red cylinder is for when the stove fall off and catches something on fire.:) We can fix whatever you create also.:D

Bottom line is that is not safe to use an outdoor stove inside. I don't really care what precautions you take. It says outdoors for a reason. Also do not use a stove inside the camper that is not secured in some way. That is just asking for an accident to happen.

Aw shucks, mom. I wanna cook inside. Dad said it was ok...JK:D

cooking inside

That is why you usually listen to Mom. She normally has a bit more common sense than Dad. Dad's tend to teach through experience, he knows there will be a problem but wants you to find out on your own.:D

Am I correct in understanding that the factory rv propane stoves in campers create less co because they of a two-stage regulator in the line between the tank and the stove as compared to if you used a portable camping stove inside the camper (with adequate ventilation)? I guess I am thinking that the flame of the stove is consuming oxygen and the flame is the same between the indoor and outdoor stoves, but this must not be the case. Could you explain why "outdoor" stoves and "indoor" stoves are designated as such? Is it because of the high pressure and low pressure regulator, because of different levels of producing co, or perhaps because of both of these conditions? I'm still considering installing a regulated indoor propane stove to my shell camper above the furnace and putting a T-connector between the furnace line and new stove, if I have the clearance under the counter on top of the furnace. Has anyone else done this? Do you have any pictures or advice? Thanks as usual.

Quint, you'll be very interested in this:

DSC_0664Small.jpg

DSC_0658Small.jpg

DSC_0653Small.jpg

DSC_0656Small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom