Cordless Drill With Reico Mechanical Jacks

I bought a cordless drill which somewhat sped up the process of raising and lowering the camper on the Reico mechanical jacks. :thumb: But, it didn't quite have the gumption to git 'er done all the way. It's still a nice drill, so I don't want to return it, but, can anyone advise: What is the minimum HP or torque that I will require on a cordless drill to raise my Hawk without switching to the hand crank?

Thanks,

Old Man Grumpus
Seattle

My 18 volt Dewalt cordless does the job just fine. It's likely any 18 volt drill will have the required power, but a better drill will hold up longer.

I use a corded Rigid ($95) low RPM drill. My Milwaukee 18V will work but the Rigid is much faster and has the guts to lift it with out struggling. The cord is a necessary PITA. Life is a compromise

18v Rigid w/ LiOn battery and 450tq. Huge torque on this thing, I think it could life the truck. Way more than necessary. I bet any decent 18v will do.

Old Man Grumpus you are a tool man after my own heart. I found that a 3/8 inch corded model raises our Keystone but it heats up so much that it began to smoke towards the end of the task. I started using two drill motors at the same time, which is helpful in avoiding having to jockey the camper back and forth on three legs. I discovered a 1/2 inch Makita corded drill motor is the tool of choice. They are high torque. Be careful with a half inch drill motor. They can hurt you.

I did go through the threads and had not seen one about choosing a drill per se. At least not in the FWC owners forum anyway. Sorry if I did wrong.

Old Man Grumpus

I've been using a 18v Ryobi. Cheap and does the job. Will only raise once on one charge though.

I did go through the threads and had not seen one about choosing a drill per se. At least not in the FWC owners forum anyway. Sorry if I did wrong.

Old Man Grumpus

I didn't mean to imply you did wrong, just that you may find additional/better info on the subject by using the search.:)

Back
Top Bottom