corner jacks

michael

hello all, well i just recieved my Rieco Titan Mechanical Corner Jacks and noticed that they came with lag bolts to secure them to the camper. can i use these lag bolts or will i need nuts and bolts to attach them to the camper.

michael

Hi michael,

That is a good question. Most campers are wood framed and the lag bolts would work. I would think with the aluminum frame needs a different mounting harware. Maybe give FWC or ATC a call to see what size bolt with what cutting thread type they use.

Lag Bolts

HI Michael, yes you will use lags for those jacks, you are going to have to trim off some of the molding so the brackets will lay flat against the camper. I have found my cutoff wheel works pretty good for that job, also I would use never seize on those bolts, I have broken off the heads on a couple of those bolts. Hope this helps.

Learn something new...thanks.

Would it be a good idea to make a pilot hole before running in the lag bolts?

Holes

I would say yes, but I would size the holes small, the alum. is soft and you want a good bite on those lags. Use the never seize if you ever want to take them off, and one day you might because their going to rust eventually.

Thanks.

Found one picture from a Eagle with swing out extenstion.

Attachments

• SwingOut Bracket2.jpg
    SwingOut Bracket2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 649
mike,
I believe FWC uses a special lag for going into the aluminum.the lags that come w/ it are wood lags and they do snap off the heads more easily.i would call FWC and get the proper lags.
sean

Hey Michael

You can use the bolts they supply, but I would recommend using an upgraded bolt if at all possible.

The ones they supply with the jacks are pretty cheezy and can rust, or have the heads snap off over the years. They work OK, but just won't last as long. When we installed the old style bolts, we would pre-drill before putting them in.

We are using much better bolts these days (one of our customers turned us on to these a few years back).

The new bolts are stronger, self-tapping, and zinc coated. So far they are working well without any problems that I have heard of. It is worth the extra couple of dollars if you are planning on keeping the camper for awhile.

(see pictures below)

Also, the instructions might tell you to install the camper jack brackets facing forward / rearward. The FWC campers are narrower than most, so it is usually required that the jack brackets be facing outwards for a better fit and more clearance when backing the truck under the camper.

Our service dept. can sell you the bolts if you want a set, or they might be able to provide you the specs on them so you can try and find them locally.

FWC SERVICE 800-242-1442

ASK FOR BOBBY

Happy Camping !

Attachments

• Jack Bracket (2 piece).jpg
    Jack Bracket (2 piece).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 567
  • Jack Bracket (old style).jpg
    Jack Bracket (old style).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 590
  • Jack Brackets (bolts).jpg
    Jack Brackets (bolts).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 583
It looks like Rieco has changed the design of their brackets. The new brackets are wider and interfere w/ the refrigerator access on the rear corner of the camper. I guess looking at the pics in this thread, I would be okay in modifying their brackets to clear the access door. Thoughts?

Attachments

• CornerJack01.jpg
    CornerJack01.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 343
  • CornerJack02.jpg
    CornerJack02.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 353
Kyle,
Why not see if Stan or Ben will exchange the bracket or brackets for the older model. I'm sure they have a few in stock. Worth a try anyway even if you had to buy one or two new ones

Back
Top Bottom