Cricket Thermometer

How frequently is it recommended to rotate your inside cricket, outside cricket, and refrigerator crickets to maintain your humane cricket keeper rating?

For some reason, my cricket temps have all been reading 5 degrees too high. Gotta solve that error somehow. :(

Paul

Is there an app for my android devise that will record, count, and do the addition for me? I love the sound of crickets.

Timothy McGowen said:
Do crickets come in metric and imperial?
Yes they do.
Metric crickets are 15mm to 25mm in length, while imperial crickets range from 0.59" to 0.98" in length.

The metric crickets are found further north in Canada where the cold means they chirp a little more than half as frequently resulting in a Celsius value. ;)

Paul

PaulT said:
Yes they do.
Metric crickets are 15mm to 25mm in length, while imperial crickets range from 0.59" to 0.98" in length.
The metric crickets are found further north in Canada where the cold means they chirp a little more than half as frequently resulting in a Celsius value. ;)
Paul
No, that is (5/9 * chirps)-32 chirps = Celcius value. :p

Hmmm.....

Not so sure about all of this. According to Bob & Doug McKenzie simple imperial to metric conversion is to double and add 30.

So......12 pack of American beer converted to Canadian beer is 12 x 2 + 30 = 54 metric beers!

Sweet, sign me up for the metric system!! :D

OK,so here's the grand question. Do I have to manually adjust my crickets to the time change next week or do they "self adjust"?
Never thought about this before but might be why I get different temp readings in the DST time of year.
Boy who would have thought listening to crickets to get a temp reading was so complicated.
Frank

We only have crickets chirping in late August into September here. We'll continue to use our digital outdoor remote thermometer. We do, though, always count the seconds between flash of lightning and boom of thunder. :)

Back
Top Bottom