Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Gas here in NE is $3.15 and diesel $4.10. I think it's because nobody wants to drive up here in mud season!

Heck we've been paying the gas prices in Baja for a month so most of the gas prices back home will seem cheap when we get back!

Gas has been under $3.00 since November in Forest Lake, MN. Paid $2.90 on 4/3 for 97 octane (10% corn squeezin's)

$7.02 a gallon regular unleaded in Furnace Creek DVNP. Both Julie and I told our old truck not to get used to this high dollar stuff, $4.00 a gallon gas works just as well.

That's cheap. $8.55 a gallon in Fenner. I think it was $3.85 at the Indian station in Arizona. I paid Six something at a station just before DV. Shouldn't have. Turns out I had enough to make it to Bishop but I like playing it safe.

In Cusco, Peru, a city of 500,000 at 11,000 feet in the Andes, I'm seeing gasoline at 17 soles -- that's about 4.50 USD -- per gallon.
Two surprises to me:
1) that the price in a remote area, not near coastal ports, is cheaper than places in California
2) that they sell gasoline by the gallon, in a country where everything else is measured in metric units.

At first I thought the numbers were price per liter -- super expensive. But then I saw S/Gal on the sign... And our Peruvian driver confirmed: "gallons"

Back
Top Bottom